who remebers when..

i need grissies set

Diabloii.Net Member
who remebers when..

shaft stop and vamp gaze were worth 20 sojs??

and only when sorcs could tele..

good days in 00-02...

sadly there gone :(

casue i was a rich mother****er..

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember 1.06 classic pre-expansion much more fondly than i will ever remember anything in expansion. Expansion turned d2 into ITAM HUNTING FESTZ.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm, this reminds me of the end of the game Age of Wonders, when you start as the good guy and choose the wrong path, end up being the ultimate bad guy :D

Remember. Remember the days when once flourished Elves, Dwarves and jubilant Halflings. Believe the good, when faeries kissed verdant hillsides. A time when satyrs and nymphs danced freely in sacred groves. Wee things blossomed. All thrived in an Age of Wonders.

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
I remember 1.06 classic pre-expansion much more fondly than i will ever remember anything in expansion. Expansion turned d2 into ITAM HUNTING FESTZ.
that's because there were no items to hunt. Every good item was a duped rare. The only things you picked up were pskulls and rare exceptionals and a select few uniques/sets. No point in trying to find better items.

I'm not sure which days i remember more fondly.

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
When I started you had to get Nagel then Manald rings, then you could get SoJ. I killed a critter but someone with a faster computer or connection (or maybe just better reaction time) grabbed the Manald and I never got the Stone of Jordan.

I finally made a ww spear Barb just a few days before the new patch "nerfed" that character. Those were the days when "river runs" were the thing.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
IM and blood golem gave lots of damage
Lightning mastery reduced cost of lightning spells
Fanat only added speed?
There were no immunities?
No charms, jewels, runes, class-specifics ethereals, or circlets
No socketed uniques, sets, rares, magics
Only plain throwing weapons existed
Vendors only sold plain and socketed items
No exceptional uniques
No elites
Enhanced damage/defense, faster cast, and faster run mods didn't list how much in %
Grim helms, lances, hoyl water sprinklers and something else wouldn't drop
No unique monsters in the blood moor or bloody foothill
You could gamble sojs with a manald and nagel
Mercs had no EQ, and disapeared if you left a game or changed acts
Hammers were bugged and affected by conc
Hammers were fixed and no longer worked with conc
1 skill point = 1 skeleton
You couldn't walk through minions
Rockfleece was the only physical damage reduced by % item
No absorb
Guided pierced up to 5 times
People ran the chaos sanc
People ran the bloody foothills
People ran cows
Few bothered doing their forge quest
People almost exclusively used rares
People used cruel weapons
Whirlwind wasn't dependant on weapon speed

derderderderderk

Diabloii.Net Member
Basically everything Merick said

and when the best sorc items were like...shard, soj, heavenly garb, lidless if my memory serves me correctly...those were good old days which i feel more enjoyable than the d2 today...the rune words really really messed up the game from my point of view but if you want to be strong you gotta get them and that's what i hate

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
Remember. Remember the days when once flourished Elves, Dwarves and jubilant Halflings. Believe the good, when faeries kissed verdant hillsides. A time when satyrs and nymphs danced freely in sacred groves. Wee things blossomed. All thrived in an Age of Wonders.
They kissed the hillsides? Those sick hillophiles. I hope the undead scourge dealt with them properly.

ogogo on ice

Diabloii.Net Member
How about 2 p-skulls for an SOJ? And Iceblink was the godly armor for river running. And no level requirements!!! Level 1's with like +8 to stats or some obscene number. Those were the good ol' days.

magick-lucia

Diabloii.Net Member
ah yes.....the good ol days.....when everybody had "ith" weapons/armors, white rings and the sorts, and negative stat equipments that gave huge skill point boosts (imagine a lvl 50 charged bolt w/ 50 mastery)

thats when i quit, because i only made elemental chars

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember a lot of things...
From the very beginning when I started to play (around 2000), I had a necromancer IM + Blood Golem + CE. He was a real killer :D ! But nothing to do (in killing speed) with a good modern Meteorb.

In fact, as far as I remember, the game was much slower, and maybe less dangerous than nowadays. And since I love fast-pace action, I have a preference for 1.10.

Oh yeah, Shaftstops and Vampiregazes were crazy items. I remember the very first Vampiregaze I dropped :p. That was crazy ! Should have been on Mephisto, since it was *the* place to go MF'ing :lol: !

i need grissies set

Diabloii.Net Member
i had shaft,gaze,doom all in one build on a ww barb and i owned everyone..somehow...

b-star=a soj

i got to lvl 67 in one day thanks to rushes+hell cows...

i had aobut 30-35 sojs at one time

i had a zon with a buriza...160 ed 60 ias armor...45 ias helm...and i owned duels..

i gave a soj to some girl who said she tanned nude...=/ it was when i was poor too..

now...i think i ahve mroe funt hen before thanks to a mroe hcallenging gaming expirence...but ehh item wise i wish values were they back then..casue id ahve at least 60 sojs by now :)

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
i need grissies set said:
i gave a soj to some girl who said she tanned nude...=/ it was when i was poor too..
More likely you gave it to a guy who was dreaming of a girl tanning nude... he just rephrased it a bit.

Oh well... I started bnet with 1.09 (no flatrate before...), and I actually did have ONE SoJ --- and I didn't actually find that one myself, it was just lying in Lut Gholein so I picked it up and stashed it away since it was most likely duped.

By coincidence, the day I got LoD was also the day they switched to 1.10 --- after I had installed LoD I couldn't connect to bnet, so I actually deinstalled things, reinstalled again without crack, tried again... *then* I checked the Blizzard website and saw that thje downtime had been announced, so I installed the crack again and waited... and the first thing that happened when bnet was back was "downloading patch".

Also, I just made a new char without looking at the details, so it ended up being a ladder char --- which pretty much cut off the "what items do I transfer to LoD" question :)