who owns windies?

Loptop

Diabloii.Net Member
who owns windies?

bvc if good?

traper and hybrid

who else ?

and how to beat annoying walkers( out of nado range when you tele on them)

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
I assume you're talking in a windy's point of view.

Better BvC's will beat you, but if you can pull off max block you've got a decent chance. Add fhr/Doom and it just gives you more advantages.

Hybrid sins are by far the best windy killers imo. There might be some other super effective builds though.

Against walkers, you can keep teleing on em till they rest to 1) tele away, 2) attack, 3) fhr of hurricane, or 4) their run interupted due to wolves or hurricane. Then start nading there. Or just expect where they walk to and tele ahead of em.

saellison

Diabloii.Net Member
I have killed a couple windies with my smiter by charging them into shreds....It is hard to do though because it is hard to target the druid amongst all his summons while dodging those freakin tornadoes...

Loptop

Diabloii.Net Member
i just lose to taping tele smiter :|

problem about fire sorc is when ever u tele on her u get in fhr, so maybe "backstabbing" would work :/

Valvolux

Diabloii.Net Member
morotsjos said:
try actually using a barb once before talking.
From what I know 'holy freeze' will slow down whirlwind, therefore causing more hit checks. Am I wrong?

Ce Olba

Banned
Valvolux said:
From what I know 'holy freeze' will slow down whirlwind, therefore causing more hit checks. Am I wrong?
To be exact, it keeps you in range for a longer time, thus allowing easier time for your opponent to hit you (and of course more hits too), whereas you stay in range for longer.

Also, Doom makes triwhirling useless.

Valvolux

Diabloii.Net Member
Cheers Ce Olba, to me this means using 'Doom' against a barb is a bad idea, keeping a barb in range longer, causing more hits is never a good thing. Maybe Morotsjos can explain further, if that isn't beyond him.

Ce Olba

Banned
Valvolux said:
Cheers Ce Olba, to me this means using 'Doom' against a barb is a bad idea, keeping a barb in range longer, causing more hits is never a good thing. Maybe Morotsjos can explain further, if that isn't beyond him.
Actually, it's a good thing in a few ways:
A) It eliminates the BvCs most powerful force: triwhirls (as your whirl so slow that it won't be effective anymore)
B) It makes it so that the if the BvC player offensive, he will most likely lose (due to the fact that the Windy can dodge the barbs whirls and then spam tornados at him)

morotsjos

Banned
Valvolux said:
yes. it's nearly impossible to make good wws when slowed, and slow often causes lag and 1-2-seconds of whirl-in-place at end of each ww. this is why necs who use decrepify+golem slow are impossible to beat.

McCOOOL

Diabloii.Net Member
jake007 said:
Lightning trapper will do better, simply because of it's piercing effect.
Im not quiet sure about that, some trappers told me you need to mb the druid out of the stack as light traps dont 'pierce' stack.

Camden

Diabloii.Net Member
McCOOOL said:
Im not quiet sure about that, some trappers told me you need to mb the druid out of the stack as light traps dont 'pierce' stack.
They do. Might not seem like it since cyclone armor "tankes" a volley or two. But I personally have FAR more trouble dueling a good fb sorc than I do trapsins :|