Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

who out there plays classic?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by rockboy888, Apr 15, 2005.

1. rockboy888

rockboy888 IncGamers Member

who out there plays classic?

I do not now, but once did (even when LOD was out for a while), I still got classic characters with classic goodies like:

30/20 prize shield
    3xx dmg lance
    14x dmg bhammer

stuff like these are kinda godly in classic but ****ty in LOD

2. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Woot! Classic has its own forum now :thumbsup: Hope lots of classic players start posting here/ Cant wait :D

Well im ethos and iv played classic for the larger part of 1.10 and i have made loads of characters and im fairly experienced so most things that arnt game-mechanics related i can probably answer.

I wonder who the moderator for this forum will be :fish:

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

It seems not as much as should be. I know that when I last jumped on classic, on west (about 2 months ago), there was probably about 5-10 games up for grabs.

I thought alot of people were waiting for this board to come up or something. Maybe they still are, and it'll pick up sometime soon.

4. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Wow! We have a classic forum thats wonderful. Like Ethos I am a classic player that has played for all 1.10 and some of .9. I will try to help out in any way I can, and to who will be the moderator for this forum, I believe that Aragorn from the community forum will be "side" moding for this forum.

Locke07

5. Hemmo

Hemmo IncGamers Member

I play classic.
    But only reason is that hf-rushes would be faster. My 78 lvl Fball/Orb sorc can handle up to 5 rushees past hell Duriel. aroun 1 hour 30 mins work you can earn up to 5 Gul 5 Um. Still haven't got that yet :j
    And i found my first SoJ when we were in nm Travinkal :D

6. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

I play classic once and a while. last time about 2 weeks ago.

7. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I play classic butonly to rush forge mules

What kind of set up do you have. My Sorc is fireball/ blizzard but struggles in Hell act 2.

8. sjw7

sjw7 IncGamers Member

Its been a long long time since i played classic. Long enough infact that i cant remember much about it. Dont even use it for rushes either.

Now the original Diablo is something i recall fondly. I remember downloading the demo back in 97 i think and couldnt believe how good it was. It only allowed you to play the first two levels but since then i have been hooked.

9. EtherealSoul

EtherealSoul IncGamers Member

I play classic, but on hardcore.

If you don't play classic hardcore, you're not playing D2.

10. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

That's is very opinionated... some people don't play HC like myself because of some of my past expierences with HC.

11. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Try playing by yourself in a passworded game. No PKers can get in that way.

12. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

i play classic exclusively on USwest softcore ladder, account:

antii-remix

:D

13. Hemmo

Hemmo IncGamers Member

Items:
    Tarnhelm, Silks of victor, Spectarl shard, Magefist, 3 P diamond tower shield, rare belt with life/mana, rare boots with some res, amu +1sorc/life/mana/res, SoJ, rare ring with fcr/life/res. And Hellplague for more firedmg.

Skills: 20 FO, ~15 CM. 20 FB, 20 meteor, xx FM.

Yea, hell act2 is somewhat hard. It usually takes ~300k gold for mercs and few reconnects, but if your mules do collect items to get gold it souldn't be a problem. My brother does so, everytime we are in hell act2 he has around 100-120k gold/mule. (3 comptuers :j ).

The hardest places are Viper temple, Duriels tomb and Arcane sanctuary. Usually in those places my mercs die.

14. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

merc on classic are useless as u cant give them gear.

Fred

15. Luna2

Luna2 IncGamers Member

hehe, now bring back 1.06 & get rid of the hacks & it's all good. :p

16. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I wouldn't say their useless. They are still worth having, especially for characters like a zon or a sorc, who have limited life. A tank to take some to the hits is always welcome. Yes, you can't give them armor, but you are comparing this to LOD mercs. It is almost like two different games. They are so different.

17. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Spread the Word

Hey, glad u found ur way here, spread the word. Hope to see u on tonite.

About classic mercs: Blizzard should have done 'something' more to upgrade them in classic and not just made nearly ALL the changes with mercs as an exclusive LoD feature (act2 classic mercs can have auras which was a new feature). Yeah, that was part of the pull to buy xpac: act5, two new chars, customizing items including runes and runewords, mercs that were worth more than just Duriel meatshields, more items. But poor merc survivability was a major CRITICISM of the first year of diablo, especially ppl who played single player who needed a buddy. Surely we should have the ability to resurrect and cross into act4, now that would be 'something'.

I dont agree that LoD and classic are so different, I have at least some exp in LoD. Its remarkable how long u can play with a new char starting in normal and everything is the same, except for a few odd class specific items that drop (very little of which is usable by ur one char). Then u get to act5 normal, and of course the scenery is definitely different. The game engines tho are nearly the same. 1.10 got rid of a few differences between the two games. Static field is better in classic and shield blocking isnt tied to that screwy dex formula that LoD has. Skillwise and monsterwise it's pretty much the same game. With better merc features it would be closer still. That leaves items, which is a huge huge gulf between the two. Too bad items are so important in "The Game'.

18. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

I play classic only since 1.09, hc and sc (started playing sc because hc is dead). I play on europe and my highest char is 23 on the hc sorc ladder.

19. -Tempus-

-Tempus- IncGamers Member

i use mercs all the time. ever see a merc with lev 32 enchant? its great fun

-Tempus-

20. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Thats where i found my first soj this ladder. First soj ever infact. Just questin along and a unique ring dropped. Was quite a positive suprise as u can bet :D