Who is Larzuk how do I get him to socket items!

Tankrid

Diabloii.Net Member
Who is Larzuk how do I get him to socket items!

Looking to upgrade some of my stuff with sockets but not sure how to do it. I have lots of perfect gems stored away and working on my 3rd Perfect skull. I thought you could socket items with the cube but have heard Larzuk mentioned on other threads but not sure who he is or how to use him. Help please.

Gorny

Banned
Looking to upgrade some of my stuff with sockets but not sure how to do it. I have lots of perfect gems stored away and working on my 3rd Perfect skull. I thought you could socket items with the cube but have heard Larzuk mentioned on other threads but not sure who he is or how to use him. Help please.

Larzuk is an NPC in act 5.

He gives a quest that rewards a free socket(s)

You may only have socketc added by him once per difficulty, unique items will only get one socket, items with sockets already in them may not be socketed.

Grey items have a chance to get multiple sockets( I do not recall the specifics) depending on the item type.

seralph

Diabloii.Net Member
Rare allways get one socket from Larzuk

Magic items get one or two sockets with the ods 1:1.

Grey items are ethereal or socketed or ethereal and socketed.

White items and grey ethereal non socketed items get sockets according this list.

Tankrid

Diabloii.Net Member
Only other way to socket items is with 3 perfect skulls?

Also, I am about to finish the hammer quest in nightmare level and will be able to upgrade one item at the town smith, I forget the name of the npc. If I have a Breastplate with +50 defense will she upgrad that or is it straight AC no stats at all? I know she will not do rare items at all.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Tankrid said:
Only other way to socket items is with 3 perfect skulls?
No, you can also use the cube to socket items. Check the Arreat Summit for the socketing recipes, as well as other useful recipes.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, I am about to finish the hammer quest in nightmare level and will be able to upgrade one item at the town smith, I forget the name of the npc. If I have a Breastplate with +50 defense will she upgrad that or is it straight AC no stats at all? I know she will not do rare items at all.
You're talking about Charsi's Imbue quest. She will only imbue a white item. No magics, rares, sets or uniques. She basically takes a white (normal) item and makes it rare (yellow) with random mods. I've not had a decent imbue since I switched to the LOD expansion MANY years ago. It's right up there with Anya's class specific reward you get for rescuing Frozenstien in Act 5.

What you do with the socket quest(s) is up to you, but I save them for high end runewordable items.

Good Luck!

Tankrid

Diabloii.Net Member
Where do I get a stone of Jordan, is that dropped by mobs and comes in different qualities? I think I have some that are wizard only with some nice stats and sells for about 16,000 gold.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
There is only 1 type of SoJ, no more, no less, unless you are playing some other game and not Diablo 2 at all (I don't know whether there are any other games with SoJ). The appearence can differ, but the stats are the same.

Flaming Banana

Diabloii.Net Member
Where do I get a stone of Jordan, is that dropped by mobs and comes in different qualities? I think I have some that are wizard only with some nice stats and sells for about 16,000 gold.
thats not an soj. and soj means stone of jordan, not jared's stone. an soj is a ring, and is incredibly rare, to the point that it is duped considerably.

Tankrid

Diabloii.Net Member
It sounds like the space I am taking up collecting all this stuff for quests might be a fruitless effort if this Stone of Jordan is so rare?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
You can try trading for the SoJ, but beware that a lot of them are duped. This is assuming you're playing on the realms of course.