Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Who has more DPS?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Jomero, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

Who has more DPS?

So I'm playing a werebear now and I am noticing that he still kills stuff really, really slowly even at level 36. I know that the bear can get a lot of damage % increases with skills (going to max WB, maul, HoW) but.... wolves get Fury, which makes them attack quicker.

Do wolves outdamage werebears? My hope was that bears can dish an insane amount of damage per hit, just at a slower pace (but hopefully still outdamage the wolves a little bit). Is this the case?

-Jomero

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Well... Bears can actually go pretty quickly with the right weapon. My guess is that you're not using the right weapon...

For Werebears, IAS is more important than dmg, in my opinion. The damage from their skills will boost the weapon damage a lot so it's up to you to get a weapon to go fast enough to dish it.

Check TheDragoon's Wereform Speed calculator for more info, if someone can provide you with the link. (used to be stickied, but got wiped. Maybe Garbad has it back up...)

3. Forksup31

Forksup31 IncGamers Member

Heres the link if you need it still:

The Dragoons Calculator

4. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Get a faster weapon, try and get 9 or faster frames. It will help tremendously.

You could have more damage than a Wolf or you could be quicker than a Wolf. You just have to build accordingly and play the character more. Bears can be pretty fast killers with the more experience you get with the build. Early on, everything starts a little slow though.

5. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

Yeah, faster weapon helped, but leveling did too. I thought bears might be a bit harder to play at the beginning, which I don't mind. I just hit 49 and I can outdamage other barbs my level doing baal runs. It's quite nice. :)

I'm currently using a fast two handed unique axe and that's working quite nice. Can't wait to use some other other stuff I have saved up.

Only thing that sucks are resists. I just entered nightmare, and saw I have -40 lightning. Ouch. :(

-Jomero

6. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Yeah they start slow and are harder. A lot of the time I wait till I go in Bear Form till I can get a fast enough weapon, unless I'm somewhere I really need the life. The more you play, the easier it gets.