Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

who else considers the OTF a great source of news?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by eds01, Mar 23, 2004.

1. eds01

eds01 IncGamers Member

who else considers the OTF a great source of news?

it seems that all the big stroys get posted here bofre i see them elswhere. with the bombing of the spanish subway, i heard about it on the otf first, before i saw it on the front page of the paper and on the front cover of newsweek. also, today i clicked on the thread about isreal bombing the hamas leader. when i saw the paper later, i noticed that there was an article in it on the front page. with the discovery of the new planet or planetoid (i froget which it was), i heard about it here bofre anywhere else, including from my science teacher.
    does anyone else get their news fropm here first? anyhow, great job guys and keep up the good work with all the threads about news

2. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Yeah. Just remember to check on things yourself, hmmm? Don't do a current events project based on what you read here. I mean, I'm sure nobody in this forum would lie, or slant the truth in any way, or show any bias toward any particular religious/political/moral/ethical viewpoint, but you never know.

3. eds01

eds01 IncGamers Member

heh... i wont. but it just seems to me that a large amount of the front page news storys that i see i hear about on this forum first. but im probasbly remembering more of the times that i hear about stuff in here before i hear about it elsewhere than when i heard about it elsewhere. but still, it just goes to show you that many people in here pick up on the news fast then post it here quickly. thats all im tryig to say here

4. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Get your news from the radio. It's the fastest thing out there. Then find out the details online later. You'll get more than the network news and with a far more varied commentary than any either CNN or FOX News.

5. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

Also check out the National Enquirer, not so much for accurate and reliable news information, but for finding out which celebrities are really ***.

6. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

This forum is a good place to find people arguing about the major news stories.

It's not a good source of news.

7. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

Yes it is!

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Well, its a good place to find some moronic news. Like the Darwin awards. :thumbsup:

9. eddy

eddy Banned

God bless america.

10. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

I always thought this forum was kinda slow in getting the stories up. My other regular forum is a political/news forum that has a section called "quotable resources". That section is full of madmen who rarely if ever post on the other sections of the forum, but instead spend all of their time posting stories from the various news agencies. That place is seriously fast.

Often, it will take a day or two for a story run in a non-western media outlet to reach the media here in the west. The net is a good cure for that. Look around a bit and you´ll find quite a few crazies that spend all their time online reding foreign papers and then posting what they find.

Ohh... don´t rely on the radio for your news, like Smeg suggested. Ether media sucks at news since they can only cover so much of it due to time restraints. If you want in depth news the net is a far better alternative.

11. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

12. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

The OTF is a good source of Durf blaming. That's about it. :cheesy:

13. toader

toader Banned

Any news that shows how Bush is doing something wrong, or how America has done something stupid once again you will find here in a matter a seconds. All other news might end up here, but not as fast. ;)

14. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

I usually hear about things here first because this is always the site I go to first. I check out CNN, Slashdot, ESPN, and Fark for other brushups on the news.