Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Who can drop all elite items?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ged666, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Ged666

Ged666 IncGamers Member

Who can drop all elite items?

I'm trying to figure out what monsters in the game that can drop every elite item in the game. So far I've found a list of places where the basic monster is lvl 85 (Pit Level 1-2, Mausoleum, Maggot Lair Level 3, Ancient Tunnels
    Sewers Level 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctum, The Worldstone Keep Level 1-3 and The Worldstone Chamber). Champs adds 2 to this lvl and bosses+minions adds 3.

I believe the monsters have to be level 81 to drop a Zod rune.
    According to uniqueitems.txt in the mpq the highest level item is Arachnid Mesh, Tyrael's Might and Azurewraith (lvl 87) and a few other are lvl 86. Does this means that every boss monster in these levels can drop all elite items and every monster can drop all items besides the few items above 85?

Does this means that Mephisto that is lvl 87 can drop all elite items too? I know that act end bosses and some superuniques have had their drops altered, so I'm guessing that he can't. Am I right when I'm guessing that the monsterdrops a forced to be the same level as the basic monster these places (meaning that Mephisto max drop is lvl 83 items)? Which of the superuniques can drop all items?

2. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

The champions and bosses in the level 85 areas are level 87 and ** respectively, and can drop all elites. Mephisto can only drop as high as treasure class 78, so TC81,84,87 will not come from him. Baal can also drop anything in the game, the best stuff actually.

3. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Boss drops are tweaked.

I know for sure Meph drops Arach mesh and Azurewrath...and I'm pretty sure he can't drop Tyraels Might

4. sugnut

sugnut IncGamers Member

hi so is it better to solo baal (which i can) or just do those lvl 85 areas
    which one would be better for items
    do the other areas require MF gear as welll
    i personally just like to do baal solo for xp

5. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Baal, and the worldstone, is quite nice for exp. Baal himself can drop great stuff, but rarely does, unless youre trying the drop class trick with a champion character getting the final hit. I do prefer the 85 areas, still lots of exp, and all bosses in those areas (and there are plenty) have the chance of dropping great things, and are far easier to kill. Even the regular monsters there can drop great stuff, so personally i'd either clear all of worldstone then baal, or just do pit/ancient tunnel runs.

6. kockblocker1

kockblocker1 IncGamers Member

7. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Only if you want the wrong answer.

d2data.net has never been updated to handle 1.10's new TC scaling system. And they never showed chances for individual uniques, anyway, just whole treasure classes.

8. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

All good.

That one depends on the monster type. "Hand-to-hand" class monsters have to be level 82, all the other types (plus all champions and random uniques) need to be 81.

Yep, sure does!

No, Mephisto has his own treasure class which contains "Act 4 (H) Equip A", and that only goes up to weap78 and armo78, so he can't drop the highest base item types. He can drop Arachnid Mesh, though, since even though it is level 87, the base type "spiderweb sash" is actually rather low (armo63)

The scaling of monster level to area level doesn't apply to certain bosses (all the Act Bosses, plus Nihlathak, Bloodraven, Izual, Griswold, Radament & The Summoner), nor for some reason to putrid defilers. :)

Looks to me like Nihlathak, Dac Farren, Thresh Socket, Pindleskin, Snapchip Shatter, Sharptooth Slayer, Frozenstein, and the leaders of Baal's 5 minion packs can all drop any base item. Some of those will be below level 87, though, and thus unable to drop the highest uniques.