Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

White +3 BS wands

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by krischan, May 22, 2008.

1. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

White +3 BS wands

As bone spear is on tier 4, nonmagical +3 BS wands can be shopped if the character vendor level is low enough to produce nonmagical items, right ? I'm not sure about the ilvl needed for tier 4, but it should be possible with an ilvl of 24 which is the maximum for getting nonmagical items in shops (or was it 25 ?) and as only wands, yew wands or bone wands have a maximum of 1 socket at all, they will also get 2 sockets from Larzuk. Correct ?

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Re: White +3 BS wands

One should think so. That a white (or even 2sox) +3 bonespear wand would be shoppable with a lvl 24 character.

3. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

You can shop +3BS from Normal Drognan with just about any character (except with ones with a too low level). Tier 4 is ilvl>18 (or ilvl>= 18, whatever) and Normal Drognan has an ilvl cap of 20.

4. krischan

I'm mainly asking because of the offers in here which made me a bit insecure. If you can shop +3 BS wands, it should be as easy as for echoing spears, although I'm not sure about how long it takes until a wand is rolled up which can have 2 sockets as well.

BTW, you have to go shopping with a L19 character to get ilvl 24 items. At Drognan's ilvl limit of 20, the chance for tier 4 isn't that high IIRC (although it's possible), so a L19 character who goes shopping in act 3 normal or higher will have the best chances, it seems.

5. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

The chance for a staffmod to be tier 4 is 20% at ilvl 18-23. For ilvl 24 it would be 50%. The problem is that shopping in act 3, 4 or 5 is more time consuming. It evens out mostly.

The reason why the wand in that thread has extra value is because of +1 revive. If you don't mind spending the extra skill points that of course becomes a debatable advantage.

6. krischan

It should be no problem to rush a L19 character to act 1 nightmare and make a cow portal before Akara's nose :wink3:

Trading thread: I see, that saves 6 skillpoints in total if you want to have revive, as you don't have to invest into the prereqs.

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

....which is pretty crucial for BS synergizing.

Imagine decrepify on that same wand...

8. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

I don't think NM vendors sell non-magic items, but I'm not sure. In any case, under clvl 20 NM and Hell vendors are equal to Normal vendors in terms of items and normal Arkara doesn't sell wands that can have 2 sockets.

9. King Ashram

King Ashram IncGamers Member

Imagine a +3BS/+3BS/+xDecrepify. Unless thats not possible =/. Just imagining off the top of my head =D.

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Um I thought you couldn't buy "white" as in non magic items in shops above act 2 normal.

Which means you can't shop for the 2 socket wand he needs for making the white runeword past act 2 normal. He has to live with the lower chance and shop with any character who is high enough in level.

You can't get the higher tier staffmods that way though which means people wanting that +3 poison Nova "white" runeword will have to find that item in the wild.

11. krischan

BS is in tier 4, but revive is in tier 6. That means you cannot shop for nonmagical wands with revive bonuses, but BS is possible.

As I wrote in a different thread, I went shopping in nightmare with a L1 mule and there were nonmagical items in the inventory.