Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

whirwind, all the questions i have

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by goeroezeboe, Feb 11, 2004.

1. goeroezeboe

goeroezeboe IncGamers Member

whirwind, all the questions i have

I havent played with a barb in 1.10 yet & i havent read this forum eighter. some (or most) of these questions might have been answered allready but i havent found a full trustworthy 1.10 faq yet.

1) crushing blow/deadly strike/open wounds/freeze target on striking/prevent monster heal/ slain monsters rest in peaces/+x to life after each kill/chance to cast x on striking?
    do these mods work in 1.10 when whirlwinding? if yes do they work the same as for every other attack (or is for instance like crushing blow less effective with multishot)
    2) are the breaks still the same? (-10/-35 & -20-40-60)
    when using beast (and by that fanatism) does this increased attack speed has some effect or is it concidered nonweapon ias.
    3) how much ml would you sujest is a minimum to ww without worrying about mana. (i know this is very dmg dependant, so saying about 2 times as much as in 1.09 will do for me)
    4) is maxing mastery a must?
    5) what happens with your defence & blocking while whirlwinding?
    6) does faster hit recovery have a use for a whirlwind barb
    7) are 1 handed weapons still more effective then 2 handed weapons while whirlwinding or does the damage difference now have an actual use :p. people using two 1 handed weapons seem to have become rare in 1.10
    8) is good damage reduced a must for a barb with good def, dmg & ll?
    9) if 1 is answered with a yes do goreriders now own the good old wartravelers?
    10) how would you rate elemental dmg vs physical dmg for a whirwind barb (couse some new weapons seem to do amazing amounts of ele dmg)
    11) how much attackrating is advised to come to a decent chance to hit
    12) would a 265%ed death cleaver be a good choice of weapon?

then just a couple less specific questions
    1) how important would you rate mods like enhanced damage vs undead//demons. a must or not for pvm?
    2) is it possible to upgrade an ethereal rare Crystal Sword to a phase blade, while in beta is seemed possible, but they do not seem to drop in ethereal versions anymore (atleast in my case)
    3) in what way did the enhanced damage from equipement change in 1.10
    3) what does exactly happen with ll in pvp?

i know its pretty long but i think putting them all in 1 thread is better then making a new one for every question that i have

2. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

Err...too much data for me. Nothing has changed on WW for 1.10 as far as what type of stuff activates and what doesn't. All the % chance to cast spells (amp, holy bolt, frost nova, etc.) still don't work. Breakpoints are the same although the faster you whirl the quicker you move from point A to Point B which can result in less hits and leave you mana dry. WW has a cool down now...no more continous swirl-a-whirl...making it much harder to kill Meph while simultaneously drinking a beer. Critical Strike bug is fixed so deadly strike/critical strike is important. WW has no synergies so Mastery is a way to increase damage. Most non-MFers seem to favor Gore Riders over War Travellers. How much mana...depends on whether you are hitting leechables, how much damage output and whether you have mana leech. It's nice to have a couple hundred points after BO for fighting skellies and stuff.

3. bigballerpaul

bigballerpaul IncGamers Member

wow thats a bunch. ill take a crack a few i know.

1) i think most of these work. the only one that doesnt that im positive about is %chance to cast on striking.

2) breaks are -15, -35 for one handers and swords and -10 -30 -60 for two handers. i would say that fanatism is considered outside ias

3) my ik titan whirler has about 10-15 ml and he does fine except in some mana burn situations (not all) and against skeles (duh) :teeth:

4) nothing is a must, but ww AR is pretty shabby so i would suggest maxing mastery for the damage, but more for the AR

5) your defense/blocking will be normal. just remember not to run with pointy objects. go into walk mode before whirling through a pack.

6) not sure, but i dont think so.

7) thats just a matter of preference in my opinion. of course 2 handed weapons can have a possible higher damage than 1 handers, i dont think people chose 2 over 1. many people still want their max block when whirling.

8) again preference. if you find that you need it, get some. it certainly cant hurt. but if it hurts your wallet... i mean mules to get some, and you dont neccesarily need it, then dont.

9) goreriders have seem to become much more popular with melee chars.

10) dont really have an opinion on this one

11) i skimp by with about 7-8k. try and reach 10k to be safe.

12) you might want something with better range if you are ww'ing.

hope that helps some

the rest:

1) undead isnt that prolific. however demons is another story. many monsters in the game are classified as "demons". something like laying of the hands which provides 350% to demons can really help out in pvm. but dont ever sacrific damage for this mod.

2) you can upgrade it on ladder, but im not sure if it will stay ethereal. my guess would be that it would lose its eth properties.

3) dont know. i think its provides less though

4) i dont pvp. something about capped at 1%? dont go by that, just something random i think i heard.

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

LOL! gogo Paulie, you big info-boothing machine!

That's my boy!

*starts making retirement plans*

-Hal

5. AwesomeDude

AwesomeDude IncGamers Member

Ethereal crystal swords/dimensional blades, when upgraded to phase blades, do stay ethereal, and have the customary indestructibility.

6. goeroezeboe

goeroezeboe IncGamers Member

thx for the answers allready :D
    questions left
    part 1 /6
    part 2 /3

about the phase blade, thats what i heard to. but the point is ethereal crystal/dimensional rare swords don't seem to drop, at least i havent seen them yet. so i would like some hands on experience :eek:

7. dragosbaby

dragosbaby IncGamers Member

Found a rare crystal sword this evening that was ethereal. Didnt upgrade it though, so cant tell you if it stays ethereal or not. They do drop and the chance is 1/20 for an item to be ethereal , if it can be ethereal, so 5% of the ethereal crystal swords you find should be ethereal.

dragosbaby