~::WHIRLWIND GUIDE::~ V1.23 Beta.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
~::WHIRLWIND GUIDE::~ V1.23 Beta.

Here it is.All comments/suggestions/corrections from anyone are welcome & will be appreciated,so please dont hesitate. All those mentioned in the credits section played a huge part in the development of this guide & I cant thank them enough.

I apologize for the slight delay in releasing it. :rolleyes:

Rik

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
the title system, while creative, makes it a bit cumbersome for quick reference

often if I consult a guide, I read it, and then later, midway through a char I need to look something up it's nice when it isn't too hard to find it

also you have two #5s and no #6 so theres a labeling error you can fix

what about life steal in 1.10 and how it changes strategy with leechproof monsters since you have no easy means of lifetapping them does one revert to a more strategic battle as mentioned on page 3?

anyways, I like long guides as long as they provide some quick reference stuff, like the check list on page 2, that was very nice (punctuation error 7 instead of &)

I like it so far, btw, been thinking of making a ww barb, maybe pvp on east ladder, interested in helpin me out maybe we could duel eachother some or I could test some weapons?

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanx for the suggestions Ash,I would make some sort of summary version or short mini guide within it for quick reference,tables would help as well.Hyperlinks could have helped a lot. :D

Unleechables will give a problem life wise if you cant kill them quickly or if you have low resists & dr in which case one should play more cleverly with warcry usage like you always say for frenziers.But when one packs enough dmg to kill them before they do too much,there is no cause for worry & dtm helps kill them fast with ww.

Lots of punctuation errors still to fix,though Hal cleaned a lot of them.

Re gear try out:Sure alrighty!My barb project comes after my witchcyzon(gear almost complete) & tals sorc(pending).Though my 1337 Rik's pala is available to pull some ears. :D

*rikstaker Whats your id again?

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
Here it is.All comments/suggestions/corrections from anyone are welcome & will be appreciated,so please dont hesitate. All those mentioned in the credits section played a huge part in the development of this guide & I cant thank them enough.

I apologize for the slight delay in releasing it. :rolleyes:

Rik
GREAT GREAT GREAT guide rikstaker!

Love the pictures! Especially the one with the barb wielding an ebotd great poleaxe! Bad boy! :p :D

/Dec

jordy666

Diabloii.Net Member
:clap: <-- make em work

mi lub teh guide!
esspecially the pictures :D

u should fix the ED%'s on ebotd ghost spear since this:
@ 400% ed: 135 -1160
@ 415% ed: 355 - 979

isnt right.

-jordy :rolleyes:

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanx Dec & Jordy.Those 1337 pictures were provided by jordy. :D

Oops! the 415% ed is that of gpa,another mistake.sigh. :rolleyes:

Rik

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member
gratz with the guide m8 :)
& thx for mentioning me at least 3 times :D

ps : dont count on me to test other things since i just quit & spent the last hour sharing stuff (made thread in euro trading section if u wanna kno why)

Elixir

Diabloii.Net Member
WW 2 1 handers, 1 2 hander

so i posted this on another thread but rik said it might help if i moved it here.

I cant decide if i want to do axe mastery or polearms(poleaxe whatever) mastery. the guide shows for pvm botd great poleaxe is the "grand daddy" of ww barb weapons. what i am really curious about is what does this compare to, to say 2 botd zerker axes. as well, with that possibility i cant wield a shield if/when dueling or just need it the extra defense. if anyone knows a site to help me compare their dmgs and stuff, or if someone can just straight up inform me on which would be more dmging and "good" (i know its hard to rank things like that) id appreciate it. really just trying to figure out dmg comparison of 2 zerk ebotd axes vs. ebotd great poleaxe...i know the typical botd/beast combo for pvp, so im guessing this is more geared toward pvm questions right now.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Elixir said:
so i posted this on another thread but rik said it might help if i moved it here.
Thats not the reason I told you to move it here,Infact I didnt tell you to move it here,I said you could have posted it here.Fewer threads save space & bandwith,besides more posts that get combined in one thread the better,as people looking for similar answers know where to look. :)

Anyway,I have answered your question in your thread,others will surely post their own views to help you. :)

Rik

MagicMoron

Diabloii.Net Member
The one omission in weapons I see... or maybe you're adding it and I can't read... is a BOTD Warpike. I've heard that this compares to the Great Poleaxe. Anyone enlighten me?

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
The war pike was most likely omitted because it doesn't hit the last whirlwind breakpoint, making it a less effective weapon.

-Hal

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:
The war pike was most likely omitted because it doesn't hit the last whirlwind breakpoint, making it a less effective weapon.

-Hal
Thats right!

@elixir:if you have read the ias/range sections under delivery you'll understand more clearly.Though botd warpike does more dmg per hit,being slower it gets beaten by gpa or ghost spear in terms of dmg over time since it doesnt make the last ww break which allots 2 extra hits per second.So while the warpike would hit just 4 times per second gpa/gs would hit 6 times per second,giving them the edge in dmg.Besides more hits means more cb triggers.In short for ww:hitting often is more important than hitting harder as the dmg adds up with frequency.

But that doent mean you'll own hell with a shaeled hwanin's bill. :D .Dmg must still be adequate.

edit:whoa! No flames yet? & I expected more suggestions etc.. :eek:

Rik

Jaimes

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll just say...

****ing amazing guide man. I've wanted to make a WW barb for some time and this has explained a lot to me.. it is making me even more excited about playing him.

I keep hearing how WW barbs and subpar and people are encouraging me to go another way with the barbarian I will eventually make... but the character concept is just too compelling to me.

This has got me really thinking and I think that a WW barbarian can be a challenging build to play solo... Yet rewarding in the end after you have mastered the class.

I usually attract to classes like this in games and MMORPGs and I'm glad I have found a class which hopefully doesn't follow the same simple tactics for every monster.

Edit: Another (minor) mistake - the heading:

7. MANUAVERBILITY

Is an obvious mispelling :p I noticed you spelled it right everywhere else, so just pointing it out.

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Jaimes said:
Edit: Another (minor) mistake - the heading:

7. MANUAVERBILITY

Is an obvious mispelling :p I noticed you spelled it right everywhere else, so just pointing it out.
Fixed.

-Hal

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
You want flames I shoot fire crackers. GOOD JOB. CHECK YOUR FREAKEN EMAIL HOTMAIL ASAP!!!

Also i might go east as well I dont know I would like to get somthing to start out with I dont know. Lets talk about it.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
xpumafangx said:
You want flames I shoot fire crackers. GOOD JOB. CHECK YOUR FREAKEN EMAIL HOTMAIL ASAP!!!

Also i might go east as well I dont know I would like to get somthing to start out with I dont know. Lets talk about it.
Ouch sorry! I didnt check my hotmail inbox for quite a few days,Hey if you start on ladder,I can hook you up with some great stuff.Start out with a witchy zon,I have an extra set for her & start farming pits with 0% mf.

Rik