While we're on the subject of girl problems...

nosoup4crr

Diabloii.Net Member
While we're on the subject of girl problems...

Have any of you been in a situation where there was sexual tension, and you wanted nothing more than for it to simply dissapear. As a few of you know, my ex-girlfriend died almost 9 months ago. Her sister is in town for a cheerleading competition, and I offered to let her shack up, instead of staying in one of our crappy dorm rooms. There is undoubtedly some attraction on both ends. I've treated the situation admirally, I believe, by simply doing my best to keep all conversation monotonally(word? haha) plutonic. I just kind of wish it would go away. We used to be good friends. Any advise?
 

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Nine months is long enough. Move on, and you never know where it might happen next. Move slow and see what happens.

Garbad
 

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sure she would also feel the sme sort of awkwardness as you. I don't think it's really good for you to just avoid her and expect the tension to go away, because as long as you see each other, it'll probably still be there.

I suggest talking to her about it. It's probably best for you to not make any decisions before you've sat down and really found out how both of you feel. Otherwise you'll never stop feeling awkward, whether or not a relationship develops.
 

Twoflower

Banned
talking to her about it ? man o man

get her into bed :) i mean realy, 9 months is long enugh. or what exactly are you waiting for ? wanna stay single for the rest of your life ?

check your feelings. what is it you want ? why do you still feel bound to your ex in this world when she passed on to the next one ?
 

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't remember the details but if she was your ex-gf when she died then you should be okay.

You didn't mention what she said to your offer. ???
 

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
Not dating someone for nine months is one thing - if this is true. But for gods sake its her *deleted* sister. Don't do screw with that *deleted* man. It aint holy.

Neither is bypassing the word filter. Don't do it again,

Freet
 

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with bluelightning. It's really weird doing it with her sister after you dated her and she died. Its like your brother picking up your gf if you die. Anyways...watchout with the filter bypassing........

-Gix
 

nosoup4crr

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not an issue about her or myself. It's bigger than that. I know we both like each other, and could undoubtedly have a good time(at least for a while) being in each other's company. But my girlfriend(fiancee, as well) died 9 months ago. When that happened, her sister(Jordan) and I consoled each other for a good 3 or 4 month period of mourning. We became very close...plutonically. If we did get into a relationship, not only is there a chance that it could end badly, and then we'd both lose the person we'd grown closest to in the past few months, but it's quasi-disrespectful, isn't it? Checking in w/ the family, that is.
 

buttaz

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
I say do her, that is if she's down with it.
man this guys having a genuine problem here, thats kind of an inconsiderate way to think about it... of course u want to do someone ure attracted to, sayin that doesnt really help.
 

Freemason

Banned
I say go ahead. 9 months is long enough. The problems you're going to run into is her sister may think you're trying to get with her because you miss your ex. Being sisters they look similar right? Have many of the same mannerisms? She will confront you with this one day. Make sure it's her and not her dead sister you want to be with. Otherwise it's just going to wind up a huge mess and her entire family (especially brothers if there are any) making your life hell and/or short.
 

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
buttaz said:
man this guys having a genuine problem here, thats kind of an inconsiderate way to think about it... of course u want to do someone ure attracted to, sayin that doesnt really help.
Well, as encouragement I think it helps loads. Sometimes you just need to hear that your idea is a good one from someone who isn't yourself. As for inconsiderate...I was just trying to give the situation some lightness, often people make human dramas way more intense than they need to be.
 

buttaz

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
Well, as encouragement I think it helps loads. Sometimes you just need to hear that your idea is a good one from someone who isn't yourself. As for inconsiderate...I was just trying to give the situation some lightness, often people make human dramas way more intense than they need to be.
where i see ure point, mine still stands. i respect someone who can back up what they said or did, so i end this in a truce.

anyways tho, people who said talk to her about it are prolly the right ones, cept those who said its kinda warped have there points too...
 

nosoup4crr

Diabloii.Net Member
Freemason said:
I say go ahead. 9 months is long enough. The problems you're going to run into is her sister may think you're trying to get with her because you miss your ex. Being sisters they look similar right? Have many of the same mannerisms? She will confront you with this one day. Make sure it's her and not her dead sister you want to be with. Otherwise it's just going to wind up a huge mess and her entire family (especially brothers if there are any) making your life hell and/or short.

Actually Kristina(Ex-girlfriend) was adopted. They don't look alike, but they act very similarly in many ways. There is a problem w/ that, though. Jordan's always been in her sister's shadow. Kristina was always seen as the promising, attractive one(Even though jordan is completely unique, and very pretty)...and I know there are some self-worth problems with Jordan...and that's something I would have to deal w/, if in a relationship w/ her. (I.E. Did kristina make you happier? Did you love her more than me? etc.) Oi. I think I might have to let this one marinate a little longer before I dive right in. Issues might be resolved at a later time, and only time will tell if these are just lustful/rebound feelings.

Sidenote: I do appreciate candor. And I DO overthink things. I'm not going to be offended by jokes. I know this could be seen with less drama. 12 months ago, the prospect of 2 cheerleading sisters pining over me would've been ego-boosting. Sometimes, perspectives are just altered.
 

VaN_haMMerSteIn

Diabloii.Net Member
Man, you have yourself in a tricky spot, it all boils down to:
Can you disrespect something that isn't alive anymore...
And the answer is yes, atleast I beleive so. If your girlfriend and you had broken up how would she feel if you dated.. or nailed her sister?
Well, don't you think the apparition of your sister wont like it much at all either.
I smell a creepy horror movie being made of this.
 

nosoup4crr

Diabloii.Net Member
yep...and she deemed "Everytime" our song--the result of being in a long distance relationship for a period. Can you imagine being haunted with Britney Spears playing the background. I feel suicidal just thinking about it. (Enter commet involving "All play and no work makes Chris a...")
 

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
nosoup4crr said:
It's not an issue about her or myself. It's bigger than that. I know we both like each other, and could undoubtedly have a good time(at least for a while) being in each other's company. But my girlfriend(fiancee, as well) died 9 months ago. When that happened, her sister(Jordan) and I consoled each other for a good 3 or 4 month period of mourning. We became very close...plutonically. If we did get into a relationship, not only is there a chance that it could end badly, and then we'd both lose the person we'd grown closest to in the past few months, but it's quasi-disrespectful, isn't it? Checking in w/ the family, that is.
Sounds . . . explosive ;)
 

nosoup4crr

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm from Oak Ridge. Anyone I hug is from that point detectable by geiger counter.

Also...is there a spelling error in that? Or just multiple meanings? Sorry...English major, I feel naked when I don't know these things.
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
9 Months is long enough to start dating again sure but not her sister man. It would be too weird... Even if you both feel something for each other what are the two families going to think? Especially hers i'd imagine. Imo you would have to be very sure that this was going to last to make all the difficulties worth it.

Go with your heart, that's the best advice I can give...

KnightFall
 
Top