Which zealot build?

tugg

Diabloii.Net Member
Which zealot build?

I'm looking to build a char that can consistently handle solo hell baal runs. I originally built a meteorb sorc (now level 86) but have been disappointed with her end-game power. I started a hammerdin, but didn't enjoy playing him, so now I'm going to try zealot. My question is, which of the zealot builds do you think are (a) fun to play and (b) strong at the end-game witha few nice runewords (but not 100% godly items)? I've read the frost zealot guide, but the other zealot build guide is missing....

-Tugg

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say tesladin, although it still isn't a great baal runner, its better than a fanat zealot or a frost zealot though, you can use a widowmaker or lacerator on switch for OK's, and switch to a 1 point fanatsism for LI's

JanusJones

Diabloii.Net Member
FodderCannoned said:
I would say tesladin, although it still isn't a great baal runner, its better than a fanat zealot or a frost zealot though, you can use a widowmaker or lacerator on switch for OK's, and switch to a 1 point fanatsism for LI's
Ummm, this depends on equipment. One of my favorite characters is my Tesladin, but even with his ~9k Zeal he can't touch a 12k plus EBOTD wielder. The investment to make a Tessy is a lot lower tho! :lol:

Actually, as far as light immunes go I do just fine without a single point in Fanaticism. I had a low damage roll on my Crescent Moon, so I went ahead and put my synergy points into Salvation before Sacrifice. As a result, I have a quite passable Holy Freeze aura as backup - and since I hit at 4 fps, I lay the damage down at quite a significant rate. I haven't met the Immune I couldn't whup.

Moreover, since I wear CoH, I find that the extra damage to undead and demons covers my bases even further. Add in the CB, Deadly Strike, and OW from my Gores, Drac's, and Highlord's and you've got VERY decent physical damage for PvM. Between my HoZ, CoH, circlet (+2 skills, +19% resist all, +18 str, +1-119 lightning damage, socketed with a lite facet), and charms I have max resists in hell - 85% in lightning cause of Resist. :thumbsup:

Bottom line is that Tesladins ROCK! However, the standard Zealer, when well equipped (ebotd!), does a boatload more damage. On the other hand, if you run into physical immunes, you BETTER have a Passion weapon on switch for Berserking!

Mayhs

Diabloii.Net Member
my smiter with 1 lvl on zeal owns hell baal runs...and against immune i just use vengeance...i would just make one of them...5k dmg with each hit with 1 lvl on zeal and 1 on sacrifice if u made a proper one mayb e 10k or something i dno... bt id make a fana zealot..they can also do pvp if u like :)

Tastychiken_europe

Diabloii.Net Member
Mayhs said:
my smiter with 1 lvl on zeal owns hell baal runs...and against immune i just use vengeance...i would just make one of them...5k dmg with each hit with 1 lvl on zeal and 1 on sacrifice if u made a proper one mayb e 10k or something i dno... bt id make a fana zealot..they can also do pvp if u like :)

Fana zealot with deadlystrike and ow as a goal and not rawdmg since that is cheaper and almost as effective :)

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
JanusJones said:
Ummm, this depends on equipment. One of my favorite characters is my Tesladin, but even with his ~9k Zeal he can't touch a 12k plus EBOTD wielder. The investment to make a Tessy is a lot lower tho! :lol:

Actually, as far as light immunes go I do just fine without a single point in Fanaticism. I had a low damage roll on my Crescent Moon, so I went ahead and put my synergy points into Salvation before Sacrifice. As a result, I have a quite passable Holy Freeze aura as backup - and since I hit at 4 fps, I lay the damage down at quite a significant rate. I haven't met the Immune I couldn't whup.

Moreover, since I wear CoH, I find that the extra damage to undead and demons covers my bases even further. Add in the CB, Deadly Strike, and OW from my Gores, Drac's, and Highlord's and you've got VERY decent physical damage for PvM. Between my HoZ, CoH, circlet (+2 skills, +19% resist all, +18 str, +1-119 lightning damage, socketed with a lite facet), and charms I have max resists in hell - 85% in lightning cause of Resist. :thumbsup:

Bottom line is that Tesladins ROCK! However, the standard Zealer, when well equipped (ebotd!), does a boatload more damage. On the other hand, if you run into physical immunes, you BETTER have a Passion weapon on switch for Berserking!

he said he wants to do it solo, so i assume he is not playing on hacknet, and does not have access to all that gear, so then when you look at it that way tesladin isn't a great baal runner, when you have gear that good you can run baal with anycharacter, and i agree tesladin does require quite a bite less investment in gear

Tastychiken_europe

Diabloii.Net Member
FodderCannoned said:
he said he wants to do it solo, so i assume he is not playing on hacknet, and does not have access to all that gear, so then when you look at it that way tesladin isn't a great baal runner, when you have gear that good you can run baal with anycharacter, and i agree tesladin does require quite a bite less investment in gear

same with a sorc :)

JanusJones

Diabloii.Net Member
FodderCannoned said:
Erm . . . I play on B-net, NL, US-West . ... not "hacknet." No need to be rude when I was just trying to help out - Frankie says relax, friend. :music:

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
JanusJones said:
Erm . . . I play on B-net, NL, US-West . ... not "hacknet." No need to be rude when I was just trying to help out - Frankie says relax, friend. :music:
sorry about that i do understand that single player and bnet are different, but when someone who plays single player comes in here and sees the gear that you listed it is a little bit unreasonable to expect to use that gear

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
FodderCannoned said:
sorry about that i do understand that single player and bnet are different, but when someone who plays single player comes in here and sees the gear that you listed it is a little bit unreasonable to expect to use that gear
I don't see Single Player even mentioned in his post. Can't ppl do solo baal runs on Bnet also?

tugg

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, actually I do play on battlenet, just wanted to do some baal runs for MF purposes to try to build some wealth. Thanks for the comments....

-Tugg