Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which weapon for my concentration barb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by FatGuy-LittleCoat, Apr 23, 2005.

1. FatGuy-LittleCoat

FatGuy-LittleCoat IncGamers Member

Which weapon for my concentration barb?

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out what the best weapon for my char would be.
    Right now im using a Death Cleaver socketed with a 40% ed jewel, and im wondering if theres anything that would be better. I can't afford things like botd, but i was thinking maybe an oath in an eth berserker axe, or something along this line..so which do you think would be better, death cleaver or Oath, or is there something else that would be good that isnt too expensive.

My other gear:
    Arreats face
    eth skullders
    goldwrap
    draculs grasp
    Stormsheild w/p. diamond
    highlords wrath
    raven frost

i still need to find a good second ring and some good boots.

my build is a concentration barb, and i was following Hals guide for it.

thanks for any help you can give. Also, if you have any suggestions on other gear choices that i should consider, they are more than welcome.

thanks again

EDIT: i was just thinking, and remembered that this is a pretty important piece of info that i left out.......This is for pvm only, a little mf'ing, maybe some rushing, but no pvp. ok, thanks again.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

A Death Cleaver is an excellent weapon, but an Oath with a good roll would be better, if you don't have a lot of runes I'd say it's kind of risky, because a low-end Oath isn't really better than a Death Cleaver.

For your other ring, you could take another Ravenfrost, dex for blocking, more attack rating and some nice cold resist. Bul Kathos Weddingband would also be nice or a Wisp Projector for protection against Gloams and some added MF. Otherwise a good rare ring with resists, life/mana leech would be nice.

For your boots, I'd recommend Gore Rides, since they will boost your damage quite a lot, for more magic find War Travelers are excellent. Otherwise some boots with resists, like Nataylas or a good rare.

You should probably also upgrade the Goldwrap so it can hold more potions, that would be quite nice. Otherwise your gear looks very good:)

3. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I like to take chances so I would make the oath and hope for the best. If it does not work out you can just keep using your cleaver. This seems to be a semi-mfing barb so I would go with war travs and maybe some sort of crafted ar, ll mf ring.

4. FatGuy-LittleCoat

thanks for the replies. Im not too worried about making the oath, since im not really too poor, just too poor for botd's and stuff like that(plus i dont want to trade a bunch for duped runes, so i prefer to stay away from them)

and yes, i forgot to put that in there, the goldwrap is upped.

also, which would you suggest for the crafted ring? I was guessing either blood or maybe safety. What do you think?

thanks again for your replies.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I would go blood for a melee character, I got a decent mf one out of it with like 100ar, 9%ll, 20%mf..something like that I think it also had some res.

6. FatGuy-LittleCoat

ok, thanks, i guess ill get looking for the supplies then.

thanks again