Which weapon for conc barb?

FatGuy-LittleCoat

Diabloii.Net Member
Which weapon for conc barb?

ok, i'm going to cube up a vex in the next couple days, and i need to figure what to do with it.
My barb is a level 85 conc barb, using a death cleaver right now, and i want to upgrade to a different weapon.

option 1: Make an oath in an ethereal zerker axe(or small cresent maybe) then use the vex to make a hoto to either sell or let my freind use for a while.

option 2: Use the vex to make a Death runeword in an ethereal zerker axe.

option 3: go all out and try and trade for a zod, and use the zod and vex to make a botd in an eth zerker axe.

option 4: (insert any other ideas you have here)

so what do you guys think? What's the best option for a conc barb?

I've never been a really rich person on d2, but i've been getting kinda lucky lately and have aquired 6 ists, plus some puls-mals. So i can finally try to afford some of this stuff.

any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

FatGuy-LittleCoat

Diabloii.Net Member
could someone explain to me why grief is better then...say, and eth death?
I'm new to these new runewords, so i don't really have any idea of why some are better than others.

thanks

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
FatGuy-LittleCoat said:
could someone explain to me why grief is better then...say, and eth death?
I'm new to these new runewords, so i don't really have any idea of why some are better than others.

thanks
Though this question has been answered multiple times,I'll do it again-(pushing for 2k posts).:strong:

You see grief unlike other weapons gives straight damage increase,340-400 dmg.Now that causes the avg dmage to be insanely high.Even the worst grief is better than the best botd.

Since there is no ed%,one can use it in a weapon which has lower dmg but is faster like phase to make it easier to reach 9fpa for conc/zerk or if you are ww use something like zweihander(range 3) to avoid a gamble of insufficient ias roll with zerker.

Apart from that the 20% deadly strike makes this weapon hands down perfect.It also packs other juicy mods like defensecut/itd/venom trigger etc.

Use the search function for details,check the guide stickies,under other useful information you'll find a professional comparison of all weapons done in professional style by a professional which is..me.:fish:

Rik

FatGuy-LittleCoat

Diabloii.Net Member
thank you rik for that post, and directing me to that goo, long weapon comparison. It was way too long with way too many numbers for my taste, but i got the jist of it, thanks again.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
FatGuy-LittleCoat said:
thank you rik for that post, and directing me to that goo, long weapon comparison. It was way too long with way too many numbers for my taste, but i got the jist of it, thanks again.
Just refer to the summary towards the end,thats all ya need. :p

Rik