Which way should i go?

kjsgldkfjghlsjdfhg

Diabloii.Net Member
Which way should i go?

Hi
Im about to make a new sorc. So far ive only used tal-sorcs but now im planning to build one with hoto and spirit.

Question 1: As i will get alot of fcr from those 2 items im wondering which spells to choose. I want 2 elements and was hoping to try lightning this time but those spells arent in much needs of fcr but rather ias if i got things right. I guess fireball could be a nice one with all that fcr. Any other suggestions?

Question 2: I want plenty of mf, ofcourse, and i've heard people say its lots easier to get good mf without tal-set then with. I cant understand how tho. With hoto and spirit i will need pretty much resist gear on which limits the mf perhaps. Does anyone have a sorc built around these items that could perhaps tell me which other items youre using and what mf you get?

Hope to get some answers :)

/Lester

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
To be honest, I think tal set, or tal armour+belt+amulet, is the best way to go if you want MF. I don't know what you mean about you needing resist gear. HotO and Spirit bost have resists on them, after all. Oh, and Lightning/Chain Lightning use FCR now, though they have different breakpoints.

MoonUnit

Diabloii.Net Member
OK here is my 'mf' sorc set up, spirit sword/shield, ptopaz shako, tals ammy/armor/belt, travs, frosties, fcr rings, and a gheeds fortune. She hits around 320 mf but her res are pretty bad, only 2 are positive lol gogo energy shield.

Hope this helps

kjsgldkfjghlsjdfhg

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
To be honest, I think tal set, or tal armour+belt+amulet, is the best way to go if you want MF. I don't know what you mean about you needing resist gear. HotO and Spirit bost have resists on them, after all. Oh, and Lightning/Chain Lightning use FCR now, though they have different breakpoints.
Thanks for input.
Sure the both items have some resists on them but ill need plenty more then that. Using the three tal items might give some as well i guess (cant remember stats for the separate items). So the question maybe was if i could go for items like WT and arach that supply no more resists. Will i be able to sacrifice those extra resists i can get from belt/boots?

Oh right. I remember hearing about that FCR change. So IAS doesnt affect the speed of the lightning now at all?

kjsgldkfjghlsjdfhg

Diabloii.Net Member
MoonUnit said:
OK here is my 'mf' sorc set up, spirit sword/shield, ptopaz shako, tals ammy/armor/belt, travs, frosties, fcr rings, and a gheeds fortune. She hits around 320 mf but her res are pretty bad, only 2 are positive lol gogo energy shield.

Hope this helps
Eww. I couldnt stay alive for long with a sorc like that :)

My tal-meteorb is more safe then that with max res and 400-450 mf. That is the least im hoping for with my upcoming sorc.

Also i havent decided if i should go for block or not...The Monarch shields doesnt really have much block and also requires alot more points put in str so i guess i might have to give that up :(