Which Vine is worth putting points into?

Holy Dude

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't mean the videos, but it mean the Druid summons, Poison Creeper, Solar Creeper, and Carrion Vine. What's best for a Shapeshifting Druid, a Summoner, and an Elemental Druid?

Black Lotus

Diabloii.Net Member
Maxing solar/carrion is not wise due to diminishing returns. You will have virtually the same % with 1 and 20 hard points invested, if there are enough +skills.
Poison creeper just does not scale up well (much like assassin's venom poison skill) with laughable 373 poison damage at slvl60. Maybe it is good in preventing monsters heal, but that is it.

It might be a good idea to max solar creeper for untwinked caster druids, but honestly I dont see any point in maxing any of those skills.

khuzgan

Diabloii.Net Member
Poison creeper has it's uses when playing untwinked and you have no other reliable source of poison to prevent healing, but there are better options unless you try to beat the game with a naked druid. Carrion vine is good for disposing of corpses so those pesky shamans and mummies won't resurrect any killed enemies, but that's pretty much it, and 1 pt in them works just as well as 20.

NoisemakerArrow

Diabloii.Net Member
Carrion Vine is wonderful for corpse disposal and replenishing your life after fights and during combat when you can't leech due to enemies' low drain effectiveness. It's much better than healing potions because it's percentage based. A druid with 3000 life won't benefit much from a potion that gives 200, and you'll have to drink quite a few to return to full health (one trick is to shift to human form, which has a lot less life and therefore gets filled up much faster, drink the potion, and shift back once you're at full health), while the vine will keep giving you 6 or 7 or 8% and fill you up quickly.

Is it necessary to start hundreds of threads each with a small question? Couldn't you compile a list of questions and ask them all at once?

Black Lotus

Diabloii.Net Member
It's much better than healing potions because it's percentage based. A druid with 3000 life won't benefit much from a potion that gives 200
I was under impression that by the time your druid gets to 3000life, your belt is basically filled with rejuvs or full rejuvs to restore 33% or 100% life. In Hell, healing potions suck no matter how much health is restored (it is 800 for barb as "critical", right?), because the effect is so slow.
Also, 8% off 3000 is like 250hp, no big deal compared to a potion that gives 200.

NoisemakerArrow

Diabloii.Net Member
35%.

I don't like using rejuvenation potions for non-emergencies. Instantaneous healing is for immediate need.

I don't know exactly what the % is based on, but with a few corpses eaten by the vine I'm back to full health. It's way faster to fill up by vine than by potions.

Yes, I see your threads in every forum. "What kind of ___ would benefit from ____?"...