Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which version to use

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Chilovec, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Chilovec

Chilovec IncGamers Member

Which version to use

Just started playin LOD again for the first time in while. For single player offline games, is it better to use 1.08 or the newest version?

I have been playing the latest version, but am starting to notice that it is totally geared toward Battlenet and item trading. I found my first set item in Act 2 and my first unique in Act 3. (no cheating) Just need a little help on this one. Plus, you cant gamble for anything worthwhile.

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: Which version to use

1.07 and 1.09 are popular. There's a reasonable number of people running racks etc and for the over powered charms. 1.08 wasn't really around long enough to be popular.

There doesn't seem to be a huge difference between 1.10 and 1.11 so the preference between those two is 1.11.

The biggest MP/trade pool is undoubtedly 1.11b sc rwm/rrm. Few play vanilla and those that do, tend not to trade.

It really depends on how you prefer to play. The game has changed as regards synergies etc. Best thing to do is do what you enjoy. It's possible to play different versions using a version switcher (or multiple installs which I do).

Pop over to the SPF and have a read round.