Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which type of Sorc for HELL BOSS MF?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by willzxp, Jul 22, 2010.

1. willzxp

willzxp IncGamers Member

Which type of Sorc for HELL BOSS MF?

I'm trying to make a sorc for hell:

Andy
    Countess
    Pit

Meph

Shenk
    Threshsocket

I would love to mf off all of them. But I don't think its possible with a hybrid build? So bottomeline, which build can help me have easy access to the majority of the bosses i want to mf off?

2. BewareOfLag

BewareOfLag IncGamers Member

Re: Which type of Sorc for HELL BOSS MF?

Without infinity, its hard to pick a single tree build that can pull that off. A fire sorc would be good for both meph and Andy, but obviously worthless for countess. I'm not sure about the last two in terms of immunities, but my suggestion would be to pick which element you like best, and then determine what you could MF based on that.

3. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Lightning for countess/summoner/nihlatak, light also works in pits, andy can be done with fire / blizz along with mephisto. Shenk submits to lightning.

I don't run tresh so can't say anything about it.

4. CrimsonBishop

CrimsonBishop IncGamers Member

Single element sorcs can kill bosses faster but dual element builds can clear any area of the game. Just make sure you have a strong merc to handle dual immunes (like the countess).

Read up on the guides for different builds and try one that sounds interesting. If you don't like it or are having trouble with immunes then you can always respec.

5. willzxp

willzxp IncGamers Member

okay, i would now like to know which two combos for maximum damage? Fire/Blizz?

6. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

The pit alone is probably the most annoying to tend with - you've got immunes to all 3 elements so you'll find yourself switching constantly and losing efficiency. Better to focus on Bosses and Ancient Tunnels.

Fire is the most damaging overall of the trees because of its consistant damage - however the immunes really nerf it - Orb is usually taken from the cold tree since it doesn't synergize well and you can focus the rest of your points on your primary tree. Lightning is great but suffers from low min damage (lower avg) and best used as a single tree altho CL/FO isn't too bad.

7. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

All of those are easy tasks for sorc, you just need go merc to tank and survive as hybrids are little slower boss killers.

I tested with my blizzCL sorc. Took 13 min to do all of those (ist, hel dropped). Merc survived.

I have average gear (no anni or torch and just one skiller) with around 250mf.

All of those areas are possible in full games too, then I just need to feed more pots to merc while killing andy/meph.

Baal/Dia are main targets for my sorc, I don't usally run those areas you listed.

8. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

The standard Orbitaller should have no problems doing the run you mentioned, there's always Static+Merc for dual immunes.

9. TurtleBay

TurtleBay IncGamers Member

Yeah, the only fire/cold immune is the countess, and she is very weak for the merc. Just drop one meteor on her posse will kill them all, then it takes 4 pokes of Hazade's insight stick. Meteorb/Orbitaller should work well here. Andy is weak to fire, and cold mastery takes care of Meph if you have maxed frozen orb or a synergized blizzard. In fact, my Meteorb runs Countess-Andy-Summoner-Meph.

The pits is better for melee classes while Ancient Tunnels is better for casters. Ancient tunnels has no cold immunes (except the very rare cold enchanted boss) and the monsters are SLOW (those poison zombie guys and some skeleton archers) so you don't need to worry as much about blocking, hit recovery or defense rating.

10. willzxp

willzxp IncGamers Member

Thanks for the feedback and help guys.

Now I have only the following choice left.

Meteorb or Frozen Orb + Fire ball?

11. Obdob

Obdob IncGamers Member

meteorb is basically frozen orb + fireball. meteor is not used that often, its more of a synergy for your fireball

12. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

As Obdob says, they're about 95% the same thing.

For me on my meteorb i never cast meteor, just FB spam, so in order to get more FB damage I went orbitaller (no points in meteor), but every once in a while i do miss not being able to cast a nice meteor on a boss / nicely stationary pack.

For act boss running I'd probably go back to Meteor as most act bosses stand nicely still if the merc is up to tanking them for ~10 seconds.

13. sticker

sticker IncGamers Member

Frozen orb/fireball does fine for me :thumbup: