Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which Tree is best for MFing?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ZackulDiablo, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ZackulDiablo

ZackulDiablo IncGamers Member

Which Tree is best for MFing?

hi, i'm planning on making a MF sorc, which tree is the best to go? Ive made a pure blizz MF sorc in the past and though i killed quick, the build was very limited on where to MF due to CI. Then i heard of Orb/FB or meteor/orb or whatever dual ele trees, but i'm afraid there won't be enough killing power. Now the question is, with Infinity, is it best to make a Lightning sorc to MF? will i sustain the killing power, say Meph, Baal, while wearing MF gears? WHich lightning skill is the best, lightning , nova or charged bolts?

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Dual element sorcs are the most versatile and arguably best MF'ers. Blizzball and Meteorb, guides are in the sorceress library.

Pure lightning sorcs can MF, but they need pretty good gear to do it fast and well. By the time you get Infinity and the good gear for a lightning sorc, you probably are rich enough not to need to MF as much.

L for bosses, CL for groups. Nova is a novelty skill.

3. ZackulDiablo

ZackulDiablo IncGamers Member

I can afford Infinity and other good sorc items. Would that make going Lightning better? What is the best MF gear set up for a pure lightning sorc with sufficient resist, FCR, and DMG?

4. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

There's a few lightning guides in the library as well. I generally stay away from lightning when I want to MF (I have both types of sorcs). Lightning only really works well with lots of + skill gear. Most of that doesn't come with a lot of MF. Both of my lightning sorcs have very little MF. I've put them in my MF gear (full Tal set) before, but then my damage and speed dropped.

Lightning sorcs make great area killers. Killing lots of things quickly is a good way to look for runes or socketables (where MF% doesn't matter). They do OK for bossess too, but if you want to MF bosses, I'd stick with blizzballer or meteorb. If you want to key run, baal run, or kill cows then lightning sorcs are probably the best sorcs. If you want to MF the bosses and TC 85+ areas then I'd go with meteorb or blizzballer.

If you want a really fast light sorc, scroll back few pages and check out my 200% FCR charged boltress. She is really fast and fun - but not a good MFer. They have similar guides in the Single Player forum, although they both used frozen orb as well which I don't recommend.