Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which SUs can drop which rings/amus

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by spigot, Nov 20, 2006.

1. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Which SUs can drop which rings/amus

I have read the wonderful guide to SOJ hunting, and am currently running nm Andy for all I am worth (102 runs so far and counting!) And just wondered whether anybody has ever written a guide on which unique rings and amulets can drop from which super uniques, and where each is most likely to drop?

I have been taking breaks in running nm Andy to run Hell Andy and I thought she could drop Mara's but having re-read through diabloii.net's explanation of ilevels I dont think she can as mara's has an ilevel of 80. I guess she can't drop Mara's then, and the first SU that can drop it is Hell Radament? Is that correct? I'm guessing yes, but am I right in thinking normal SUs dont quest drop? So even if you bugged it by only trying the quest in games where you cannot complete the quest you wouldnt get that all important +10% to uniques dropping. In which case, which boss is probably the best and easiest to drop Mara's? I very fortunately managed to get one in the first couple of weeks I was on; I found a 24 resist one in WSK and dumbly traded it for 2 ist, when I really should have hung on to it, now I want to find one again and cant work out where will be easiest. I would have a guess that it is quest bugged hell meph having read Helvete's guide on the subject...

Anyhoo, after a long, late night ramble that's my question... Where is my best spot to Mara hunt?

2. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

the last 2 I found were at the summoner and chaos.

3. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

Have you tried Atma's drop calculator; http://atma.diabloii.net/ it can proberly help you with things like this.

Anyhow I would guess that the best place to find Mara would be Baal - hell (just guessing, never found one:cry: )

Defenitly nightmare andariel for sojs, I have found all(3) my self-found sojs there. Read somewhere that there is a 1:31 chance for unique rings dropped by andariel to be sojs.

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

i found one on the way to hell countess
    from atma

1player with 0mf odds of dropping soj

nm andy (quest) 1:3813
    h andy (quest) 1:6266
    nm durial (quest) 1:6592
    norm diablo (quest) 1:6720
    hell durial (quest) 1:6898
    nm andy 1:8809
    norm diablo 1:10161
    nm diablo (quest) 1:11028
    norm baal (quest) 1:11095
    nm meph (quest) 1:11129
    hell baal (quest) 1:11370

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I like NM council for SOJs. You get several chances, flawless gems, it's one of the best places for dropping grand charms (and they can be skillers), and gold. I got two within two weeks of council running.

6. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I like Hell Andy for SOJs. I know she isn't as likely to drop them as her weaker counterpart in NM, but I have also gotten EUs from her many times, and some of those are as valuable to me as a SOJ. Maras? No clue.

7. Saint_Hanibal

Saint_Hanibal IncGamers Member

Hi, there !
    I am running NM Andariel for sojs too, but i am not impressed at all. In 105 runs she dropped only 5 rings(1 unique) and 3 amulets (nokozan,tancred's and surprisingly Tal's). While Tal's is a good surprise, the amount of rings total is depressing :-(
    As for mara's, i found 3-4 by running Mephisto

8. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Heya hannibal, keep trying there, the guide reckoned that you only had a 64% chance to get one in 1000 runs! Youre only 10% of the way there! Id keep going, as a Tal's amu is not to be sniffed at! Thanks for the response guys, I didn't think of the summoner, even though I have been running him in tandem with hell Andy for keys! He already dropped an occu and a raven for me, so I'm just gonna carry on with that run for a bit... probably still wont find a mara's!

EDIT: ARRRRRGH, and why can't I stop using exlamation marks!?!?!?!?

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In addition, a goldfind barb will make a zillion there while being able to kill anything with dual Ali Babas and nearly no risk of dying. My GF barb actually found my one and only SoJ in nm Travincal.

10. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

I've thought for a while about making a goldfind barb, what sort of gear/skills we looking at? Standard WW, wearing as much Goldfind as possible (Goldskin, Goldwrap, crown of thieves, 2 x dwarf star, etc), would be my guess. How d o you do it?

11. ispankpigeons

ispankpigeons IncGamers Member

i found my only maras(a 25) on hell mephisto.

radament dropped me a near perfect fire die facet, which was a nice surprise.

12. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you want one with rather good MF as well:

Crown of Thieves Lem
    2x upped Ali Baba LemLem
    Wealth
    Chanceguards
    Goldwrap
    Infernostrides or rare GF boots
    Magical +3 warcry/GF amulet or rare +2 barb/GF/manaleech one
    2x Dwarfstar
    GF charms or warcry/gf ones if you are rich
    Echoing weapons in the switch
    Charms with lightning and fire res

Merc:
    Crown of Thieves Lem
    6 lem eth elite polearm or spear
    Wealth

You would have more GF, but less MF with dual 5 Lem Runemasters or 6 lem one-handers. With Runemasters , you will probably be able to do hell Councils without running away, drinking potions, resurrecting the merc, dying or whatever else costs time and efforts.

BTW, make a frenzy barb, they need less mana than a WW barb. Your barb might have no manaleech and mana-burning Councils will be less of a problem then.

13. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Choose WW, Concentrate or Frenzy for your main skill, max Sword Mastery, Battle Orders and Find Item. Toss a point in Battle Command and 1+ in Natural Resistance ... and that's pretty much the build.

The goal is to do NM Council runs, letting your mercenary get the kills while you stand back with two 6x Lem crystal swords and watch - then hork the corpses. Not much to it. Very fast and oh so profitable. :smiley:

EDIT: I've found a soj while doing council runs too - nice charms, lots of gems and jewels also. It's a nice diversion from the endless Pit runs I do.

14. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

The only SoJ I ever found was in Stony field while I was summoning my Army to do a Baal run. Dropped off a SU there to my great surprise.

15. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Thanks for that guys... now where's that pair of infernostrides I had muled :smiley:

16. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Hmm, I should give Andy a go - she's really weak to fire attacks, so I could blast through Andy runs with a fire Sorc. Plus I'd have tele that way.

I have a lvl 80 Ironbarb, he's very nice for MFing - albeit pretty slow because I have lousy gear.

I run Hell Council all the time, mostly because it's easily accessible. I never get anything, maybe I should try Nightmare.

17. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Stick with Hell since it looks like you can handle it just fine.

18. Saint_Hanibal

small update on andy runs

Well, i've done 300 nm Andy runs. 30 rings total so far (11 unique, the rest are magical and set) also she dropped 11 amulets (5 unique, 6 set). No sojs yet, mostly manalds and nokozan relics, sigh

Also the problem is i get connection restriction no matter what i do - sit in the lobby for 20 seconds between making games or sit in a game more than a minute.

Finding Andy takes long enough (there's a pattern in catacombs2, but there's no for cats3), so it takes longer to do andy run sometimes than Meph run, and i still get connection restriction. This is rather annoying, since i have to wait 1 hr each time to log back on...

Well, good luck to all who does runs for sojs , maybe you'll get lucky and find it earlier than me :smiley:

edit: I should probably mention that I've got 574% MF

19. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Woohoo, my first SoJ is only 3813 runs away!

20. Saint_Hanibal

Finally got 1 from her :afro: On the 756th run.