Which Sport Requires the Most Hand Eye Coordination?

????

• Durf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boobies

• Poing

• Total voters

Rius666

Diabloii.Net Member
Which Sport Requires the Most Hand Eye Coordination?

This was a debate that came up with my roomate and I today. We were arguing about which sport requires the most amount of hand-eye coordination. My argument was for baseball for a huge number of reasons which I will call upon if necessary.

Anyways i was just wonder what you guys thought.

Christor

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm gonna have to go with baseball. I mean, can you even imagine how difficult it must be to hit a ball coming at you at 95 mph and only have a split second to react to it? I'd venture a guess and say it's probably the hardest thing to do consistently in any sport. Batters always make it look so easy. :p

I doubt I'd ever have the hand-eye coordination required to hit a baseball in the major leagues

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
even the slightest mistake during a Curling match and you can kill an entire section of the audience. you're just lucky no one is there.

I'm gonna go with 9-ball. An average baseball player misses 70 or 80% of the time (30% of the time they hit every time!). One miss, scratch, or even bad use of spin in a 9-ball game and you're probably a spectator for the rest of the rack. Plus you're usually drunk. In baseball you get at least three chances to make the same play.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
boxing is worth mentioning, bad hand-eye coordination and you land in the morgue

don't know how it was missed from the poll

Rius666

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
I was thinking tennis as well, but baseball definitely gets my vote.
Man tennis,boxing, pool... i knew i forgot something :(. Keep in mind this isnt based on how hard it is to play the sport but rather how much hand-eye it takes to play the sport.

Moosashi

Diabloii.Net Member
Ping pong gets my vote. Baseball would be near the bottom of the list, below golf. As someone already said, you don't need to be all that profficient in getting a hit compared to the level of consistency required for other sports. Fielding is relatively easy given the distances the ball travels before it gets to fielder and the fact that if the ball is well hit, there's usually no way to make a play anyway. Catching requires a lot of h-e co, but it certainly takes longer for even the fastest pitch to reach the mound than it does for a well struck ping pong ball to reach the other side of the table and your paddle. Plus once the catcher catches it, his job is essentaily done until the next pitch. Pitching is the feat in baseball that requires the greatest h-e c, but like anything in baseball, it is not sustained and is only a facet of the game. Any sport where you have to sustain a high level of coordination without a break rates higher.