Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which Sorceress?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BricBrac, Apr 6, 2005.

1. BricBrac

BricBrac IncGamers Member

Which Sorceress?

After my necro is done, I'm planning on building a pvp sorceress (75% BLOCK ), but yet another dilemna has come: which one?

I will probably use the better items out there (COH, Spiders, around 8 GCs.)

The main concern I have is which one would stand a chance against:
    Enigma WW Barbs
    Bowazons
    Trappers
    FOH
    Boners
    Maybe other Fire Sorcs

mainly because these people I find are the most rude and arrogant duelers in public games. it doesn't need to be ALL of these but at least some. I'm thinking about Blizzard or Frozen Orb sorc mainly because they would need to stack cold resist because of my cold mastery while sacrificing their gear.

2. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

Of all pvp would have to say Fire sorcs are by far the best for any kind of dueling

3. BricBrac

hmm maybe..

one thing i don't get is that I see fire sorcs spam fireballs continously while teleporting. what happened to their mana? :confused: Or are they just chugging mana pots continously?

It's either FO/ES or a Fireball i guess

4. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

the wonders of wartmth and at least +12skills^^

5. AndyChrono

AndyChrono IncGamers Member

If its only pubbies then probably a Lightning/ES or Orb/ES or 200 FCR Fireballer. The ES sorcs can tank just about any pubby barb, you'll totally destroy zons with your eyes closed, and even bone necros aren't much of a problem. FOH'ers aren't terribly difficult either. Only the trapper really has an advantage over the ES variants in pubbies.

With the 200 FCR Fireballer, just play massive defense and gatling gun your fireballs in their direction. Use your superior speed to keep away and they will never touch you.

6. Kamahl

Kamahl IncGamers Member

a es lit sorc seems to be best fb is way to easy to negate and blizz / orb are meh if there prepared you wont really dmng them if not then its all yours

7. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

my fire sorc has about 1k mana without a point into energy, and if you ever run low just spam bolt for a couple seconds instead of ball and ur mana will be full within a few seconds.

8. BricBrac

thank you guys for all the input! :clap:
    i guess i'll go fire sorc, since cold gcs are a bit more expensive :)

against melee should I get a 75% block (Stormshield probably..) or a Lidless and just try to dodge their attacks?

9. shadowwolfkb317

shadowwolfkb317 IncGamers Member

well even tho u might not want anymore input, ill just say something.
    i have a full block es/lightning sorc and my friend has a 1point es/200 cast fire ball sorc. if you were to make a fire sorc, i would definately recommend 200 cast because you move fast as hell. but since youre going with max block its impossible. my light sorc owned any barb, zon, Not trappers, Some foh, Some boners, and Most fire sorcs. im pretty sure the fire sorc will still do good but 200 cast is important advantage that fire sorcs have. btw, against fohers, just a little tip if you need heh not sure if you need it but ill just tell you if youre a firesorc. tele on top of them because they always click away from themself. this will have you fireballs kill him.

10. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Must have been incompetent barbs then. If you're Europe NL I can introduce you to a barb you wont beat.

Sorcs in general aren't the best chars to deal with barbs. You can tank bad ones if you use eshield, thats about it...

11. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

thats not even true... imo youve been dueling some easy sorcs then...
    most sorcs just tele spam and stay away from barbs (dont say "use abs" for defence)
    even with moderately large abs a skilled blizz sorc can easily kill a barb. just
    takes long. what ive noticed is that barbs are fat and cant catch any sorc :p
    orbers even more easily since they dont have to really aim. They just tele
    away before a barb can reach them. And fball sorc... just devastates a barb.
    ofc any barb can kill any sorc if they use massive abs but then again I wouldn't count that as a duel

12. dth

dth Banned

I would like to add that going for 200fcr fireball sorc helps you greatly against other sorcs/foher because your using wiz spike/vipermagi, which makes max resist in hell easy

13. Shlongor

Shlongor IncGamers Member

I'd suggest blizzard since it's a lot harder to resist/sorb cold damage. Orb is out of the question because it's a lot of little damage as opposed to one big damage, making it easier to negate.

Either way against BvC barbs, any sorc is screwed, particularly if they stack res/sorb (and any decent pubby dueling BvC barb will).

14. dth

dth Banned

who cares, 200fcr sorc MUCH cheaper, plus one terrible matchup isn't that bad

15. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Obviously you've never played nor dueled against a good barb.
    No absorb is needed vs fb/lightning. If they stay off-screen the whole duel some max-res might be appropriate, thats about it.
    Barbs can tele as fast as sorcs, hence they can always catch them.
    Also, sorcs with 9x% eshield, maxblock and 50% dr are in no position to whine about maxres or absorb.

16. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

i wouldnt count the eshield in that...it's a skill and different from absorb itamz other chars use...max block is important on almost every char! I think your comment here was kinda awkward :s you compare E-shield and max block with Absorb...?

17. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Eshield/maxblock/dr are all physical resist.

Elemental absorb is just like elemental resist, why do people make a difference? Items with maxres are WAY more effective in reducing elemental-damage than some crappy absorb, i.e. hotspurs or even nokozan relic are better than 2x dwarf stars.

95% eshield, along with maxblock and 50% dr equals 95% physical resistance and MASSIVE physical absorb/reduction. On average, 0.625% of all physical damage will go to life. The rest, i.e. 99.375%, is negated.
    Even with 95% fire resistance and 2x dwarf stars you only negate 98% of the damage.

See my point?

18. amob

amob Banned

with that setup put a couple sol runes and physical damage chars wont be doing any damage at all.
    es is NOTHING like absorb or max res.
    e shield can be dropped by a couple hits of a high damage attack, its only terrible people who do like 1k damage who cant do ANYTHING to an es sorc.
    ES is limited by a sorc's mana pool, even a 4.2k mana sorc can be killed
    you know what the biggest difference is?
    in the end, you CAN damage me and I can NEVER damage you
    fair duel eh?

and whoever said blizz... its a mistake.
    have fun killing bad melee characters only

19. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Apparently you dont play barbs, cause then you'd realize how hard it is to land a hit on a extremely defensive sorc. Eshield will never break in a few hits, and they are always able to tele away and regenerate, and the barb can do NOTHING about it. Fair duel?
    I dont use absorb, only maxres. I hope you see why maxres is needed, even though it isn't if the sorc doesn't stay 1-2 screens away the whole duel.

20. amob

amob Banned

its called teleport whirlwind
    maybe you just dont know about high damage or DoD