which sorc build can do baal/hell alone

unoplank

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sure a Meteorb could, but it would take forever. I handle /players 1 easily, WS K 2 & 3, Minions, and finally baal never really give me too much trouble. Except Gloams... I hate them.

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
well, go for good equiped meteorb and you should be fine..

with a very strong merc tho u can get a single skill tree build too...

just use static and let the merc kill the immunes...

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
I can easily do Hell Baal with my blizzard sorc. But only up to +- 4 people ingame. After that, my merc has troubles defeating the cold immunes. Sorc has 8K bliz, max block and 1600 life. Might merc has eth crypt doom, eth stone and perf gaze. He does something like 1k-6k damage. For 8player killing a hammerdin would be better I'd say.

HoD

lior

Diabloii.Net Member
Herald of Doom said:
I can easily do Hell Baal with my blizzard sorc. But only up to +- 4 people ingame. After that, my merc has troubles defeating the cold immunes. Sorc has 8K bliz, max block and 1600 life. Might merc has eth crypt doom, eth stone and perf gaze. He does something like 1k-6k damage. For 8player killing a hammerdin would be better I'd say.

HoD
What do you think stone vs shaft?

lior

Diabloii.Net Member
befkonijn said:
shaft is good for the DR and stone is good for the FHR and HUGE def... i would go stone
I was thinking on getting a eth shaft and upgrade it to elite.
Above what def (2500? 3000?) will a stone be superior to the above shaft?

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
got an upped shaft (non eth 1456 def) on nl, use it on my merc and i also use eth duress on another merc... never used eth stone, so dont know if it's superior but i must say my mercs handle themselves very well :)

i'll let someone else handle the questions about the eth stone...

you learn best by trying different sollutions!

grtz Bef

Mac182

Diabloii.Net Member
lior said:
I was thinking on getting a eth shaft and upgrade it to elite.
Above what def (2500? 3000?) will a stone be superior to the above shaft?
Upping an eth shaft is bad as it will loose it's eth bonus' (+50% base). Better off upping non-eth so you can use it in another build if its needed.

lior

Diabloii.Net Member
Mac182 said:
Upping an eth shaft is bad as it will loose it's eth bonus' (+50% base). Better off upping non-eth so you can use it in another build if its needed.
Are you sure? since I saw this in arreat summit :
"This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded."

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
lior said:
Are you sure? since I saw this in arreat summit :
"This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded."
i think they mean that you CAN upgrade ethereals but mac is trying to say that it's not a good thing to do since it would loose the base eth bonus of +50%...

lior

Diabloii.Net Member
befkonijn said:
i think they mean that you CAN upgrade ethereals but mac is trying to say that it's not a good thing to do since it would loose the base eth bonus of +50%...
So they will only have the name ethereal but will be as normal?

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
No, it will continue to be ethereal (cannot repair), you just don't get the eth def bonus. This goes for all upgraded ethereal armour.

Weapons don't have this problem though.

lior

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
No, it will continue to be ethereal (cannot repair), you just don't get the eth def bonus. This goes for all upgraded ethereal armour.
That's what I meant.

So turnging eth items into elites will only work well with weapons?
Is it a bug?

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
lior said:
That's what I meant.

So turnging eth items into elites will only work well with weapons?
Is it a bug?
Yes, upped eth weapons still work. Don't think it's a bug, just think it's a code oversight. :p

eLight

Diabloii.Net Member
My lightsorc can handle hellbaal very easy. Se does like 26k lightning and I use a merc with reapers toll, duriels and gaze. I will get a crushingblow eqp for him soon.

FrozenSolid

Diabloii.Net Member
I have 2 sorces, hydra/fireball/orb and lightning/chargedbolt/orb.
Neither is built for mf but do hell baal runs with ease (avg merc equip).

Shaven Monkee

Diabloii.Net Member
I concur, meteorb is the best combo for handling questing.

Bascially hit them with orb which in hell does nasty damage then place a few meteors and then FB them to death.

For immunes, I agree Static them and letcha merc taken down...I suggest a NM act II merc...with Holy Freeze, good LL and high def/res. Gear is variable.

Playing a single element sorc greatly reduces the spectrum of monsters you can kill. Simple statistics.

Pretty much any dual element sorc will do fine...just depends on your play style.

Hoohooohahahahahahahaaah hahahahaaa hooo meow?