Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which Skiller is LEAST in demand?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Taft12, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Taft12

Taft12 IncGamers Member

Which Skiller is LEAST in demand?

After seeing people fall all over themselves for Sorc GCs, Summon and Poison/Bone GCs, I wondered which Skillers would come at the bottom of the heap.

I must say I never see people ask for Druid Summon GCs when somebody has them on a FT list. You could probably get 3 for one of the above Skillers. What other +Skill GCs could you pick up cheap?

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I think the prices vary greatly from non-ladder to ladder, and there is probably something of a variation from realm to realm. When druid summoning may be at the bottom of your list, it might reach the top on mine. I think, personally, that asn martial arts GCs would be the most useless, but only for the simple reason that I see very few MA asns anymore. Think of the most popular builds and eliminate any skill trees that they need, and see what you are left with.

You could probably find a more fitting answer from the guys in the Trade Values forum.

3. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Zon bow Skills isn't the greatest... Neither is Jav/Spear.

Barb Combat Masteries isn't the most useful... nothing Really reliant on +Skills there.

Absolute Lowest has to be Pally Defensive though. That tree is just for support, and not many people need +Skills there.

(Druid Summons are actually very powerful... they get huge kicks at higher levels)

4. warding

warding Banned

Pally Defensive :(

5. batmann

batmann IncGamers Member

yep, pally defensive for sure.

6. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I agree Pally Defensive, though I was one of those rare Pallys who valued that charm, since I tended to use Cleansing quite often (Def Aura charm also improves Prayer which benefits Cleansing replenish ability), particularly in Chaos Sanctuary, against Cursed bosses, and high poison monsters. People will sometimes express appreciation when their curse duration drops by 70% in Hell and poison duration the same. Both of those can be very annoying. I always used Cleansing between monster battles for replenish life.

Also, I often used Resist Cold, Lightning, or Fire, which are synergies for Vengeance (my Pally was an Avenger). Though the charm wouldn't raise my Vengeance damage (only points put into the skills will help, except Prayer), the charm raises the passive maximum resists of my Pally, always a good thing.

Alltogether, this is an example of when this is a usefull charm, but overall in most cases I would say Pally Defensive is the least usefull.

7. BloodAndRoses

BloodAndRoses IncGamers Member

I would think Javelin and Spear skill charms would be worth something, especially with the explosion in non-bow-using or hybrid amazons.

8. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Javelin and Spear charms are popular now, I was always trying to get more of those for my LS/Jav zon.

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You guys aren't even close, necro curse skiller is WAY below those.

10. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Actually Curse skiller works well if you use several high powered curses like Attract, Decrepify, and Lower Resist (at least 2 going at the same time, Attract cast first, since it cannot be overriden). I used a PD/PE (yep, no PN) necro who used those curses as necessary and could jump into battle and not worry as much about duration with a couple Curses GC's. That being said, I don't think its much greater than Pally Def, because + skills items will usually suffice for them.

I'd still have to go with Pally Def, though I personally liked Cleansing in a team effort, most of the other Defensive auras I didn't have much use for and + skills items usually will suffice if you need to use them.

By the way I'd say Poison/Bone Necro charms are great to have. +skills items alone will not suffice for them, the more GC's the better if you are using that branch.

11. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

druid summoner charms is nowere close to the bottom of my list since i have a lvl ~80 summoner druid.....probarbly any assy/zon since i never play them atm

12. BooblestheDorf

BooblestheDorf Banned

I've traded for every type of skill charm except for necro curse. The pally defensive charms are a heck of a lot more useful, ever seen a lvl 45 defiance? Druid summon charms are still amazing, a huge lvl grizzly combined with the damage spirit is like Poo on steroids. The bonus that curses get per lvl is miniscule compared to almost every other skill in the game.

Bow/Crossbow aren't very high up there, but are useful for freezing/fire arrow.

13. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Thing is, if they want Defiance they can merely hire an Act 2 Defiance merc (which work great by the way), I don't think most Pallys use Defiance themselves very much (with competition from several excellent offensive auras to use like Conviction, Fanaticism, Holy Shock, Concentration), for me Curses are slightly better to have, irregardless of their trade value. Still, I do think Curse charms are in the bottom group also.

14. PallyRanger

PallyRanger IncGamers Member

Defensive Pally Charms?

True, those aren't very useful to most pallys out there. but, I have seen a few defense-adins out there that help out the parties by tanking the baddies while the others in the party kill them. They just stand there and take the abuse while the sorcs, zons, and others do the killing all the while not being the target of the monsters attacks. Given, a defense-adin doesn't eally do any of the killing, but it is more of a party friendly build.

-PallyRanger

15. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Its simple supply and demand: the major of players dont play difficult builds, thus the charms are easier to come by. For players like myself who like to try something different, its great - you can get skill charms cheap!

- Druid Summoning
    - Paladin Defensive
    - Assassin Martial Arts
    - Sorceress Lightning
    etc etc

However as the owner of a Summoner Druid, Defiance Paladin and Dragon Tail Assassin, its nice that these are cheap!

<quick rant>
    Defensive paladins are always so overlooked because of the act 2 mercs. However, maxed defiance and holy shield can work well with either smite or zeal, IF you load up on crushing blow with zeal. This way you're not so dependant on your actual damage output. Max zeal and sacrifice, get a might merc and as much crushing blow as possible. It really can own!
    Just doing my part to help lessen the number of cookie cutters on bnet!
    </quick rant>

16. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

...but you can also get an Act 2 Defiance merc and use Fanaticism or Concentration, thus increasing speed, damage, and defense with Fanaticism and merc. Perhaps that is cookie cutter, but its also very effective. I rarely ever played cookie cutter builds but I have always left Defiance to my merc, it has more than sufficed.

I can't honestly say I've ever played a Defiance Pally, in fact I've never even seen one in the 4 yrs I've played (maybe near the beginning when people were first testing out and before mercs were empowered), I'm sure people have used them, to me the overlooked Defensive Aura is Cleansing, in Hell diff that can be a savior, but too many Pallys don't bother using it when its called for, even when its the most usefull aura to use at the time. Still, the problem with Defensive Auras is they must compete with the Offensive Auras, and to me thats their downfall in most cases.

17. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

i can honestly say that bow skillers are worth shat, at least in my opinion. i use GA/Multi and as bow skillers don't help me at all. The +5% dmg isn't worth it when i can simply stack 6 x 2dexc's for 6% dmg, or 2 large 5 dex charms for 10%.

i see how it is worth something to a Magezon, but for physical dmg, they aren't worth much if anything.

18. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Curses imo.

19. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

The bow charms are only worth it for people who use Freezing and Immolation arrow... one point in the bow tree could equal anothe 100+ damage.

20. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

I would have to say as popularity goes, pally defense charms aren't so popular.

Well you can have great builds with defense... but I'd think with people it's more of kill as fast as you can. Without a good offensive aura to do dmg.. relying on your merc to boost your dmg... You might be whacking at something for quite awhile before you can kill all of them.

While staying power would be ideal under a melee PvP duel (because bringing mercs to aid you are lame). I don't think high def will opt many to choose defense over offense.

yeah sure you can compliment that with items to build up your offense with the defense pally. So what? You can make a poison dagger necro win a duel versus a high lvl barb ... with the right equipment. But many of us are not rich thus item dependent builds are usually out of the question for many. And the lot of us want to kill things right now rather than trying to whittle a toothpick from a tree. The thinking is that you can get more done.