which shield would be the best exile shield?

which shield would be the best exile shield?

hi all

i have 2 questions...

1: which shield is the best exile shield?
2: where do u guys and gals find these fantastic shield?

THANK YOU ALL FOR SUCH KIND OF HELP!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Any1

Banned
For the best defense you obviously need a vortex or Zakarum. However, good luck finding an Ethereal Vortex or Zakarum with 35+ resist all. The strength expenditures are also high, but that shouldn't be a problem for defense-oriented build (since lower vit is acceptable).

For the highest blocking the Sacred Targe is the best choice. However, it has relatively very low defense.

For the highest average Smite damage (only by about 0.5 points) the Sacred Rondache is the choice. However, it also has pretty low defense, relatively.

A Kurast is a combination of decent blocking, defense, and stat requirments.

Any Ethereal elite Paladin shield with 35+ resists (or 55+% ED) is a great candidate for Exile, IMHO.

TC-85 areas (i.e. the Pit, the Masoleum, Durance-3, Chaos Sanct, Worldstone Keep, etc.) are the best places to farm elite Paladin shields, since they all have a chance to drop in these places. The Vortex & Zakarum have a much smaller chance to drop, than the Sacred Targe & Sacred Rondache.

Absolutian

Diabloii.Net Member
Any1 said:
For the best defense you obviously need a vortex or Zakarum. However, good luck finding an Ethereal Vortex or Zakarum with 35+ resist all. The strength expenditures are also high, but that shouldn't be a problem for defense-oriented build (since lower vit is acceptable).
But if you lucked into an Eth shield, that would lower the strength reqs, right?

belth

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're not concerned about the smite damage, an eth Royal shield is a very good choice, 156-181 defense and 55% base block, which I would say makes it the best choice for a vita intensive build due to 50 str req as eth.

pesto81

Diabloii.Net Member
why would you put such an expensive runeword into an ethereal shield? and what's with this eth shield stuff?

alexisonfire

Diabloii.Net Member
pesto81 said:
why would you put such an expensive runeword into an ethereal shield? and what's with this eth shield stuff?
the runeword makes it so the shield repairs 1 durability in 4 seconds. so, it cannot be broken.

PuSs Says Go Time

Diabloii.Net Member
i've always like the targe/rondache look of the shields, but always use kurast cuz of mods on it. but eth shield for exile i would go for zakarum/kurast aswell because of the lower req+decent def+decent blocking

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Just wondering, would a superior sacred rondache, non eth, with 189def and 41% resist all be good enough for Exile (mainly PvM, not PvP)... asking to see if i socket it with larzuk (4sockets for sure) or if i use the socket recipe and see how many sockets i get...

Just checked.. seems to be 4% resist all off from a perfect non eth S.Rondache... that + my first arachnid mesh in 1 run :) jackpot i guess....