Which shield to reroll spirit?

comicalflop

Diabloii.Net Member
Which shield to reroll spirit?

I have two pally spirit shields- a 44 res royal, that currently has 31% FCR, and a 27 res sacred targe, with 32% fcr. Which one should I hel+tp scroll and reroll until I get perfect 35% fcr? I'm assuming the royal cuz I'll be using enigma anyways so strength not an issue, but anyone have opinions? I'll probably be using standard gear enigma dusk, hoto/wizspike, shako, maras, arachs, magefist, war traveler, SOJs/FCR ring (I am aiming to reach the 125% bp, so whether to use FCR ring or wizspike is undecided) CTA/Lidless, Gheeds, anni, ptorch.

comicalflop

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. About how many rerolls average would it take to get 35% (knowing that I'll be using the act 5 stairs technique), and is there a good way to find all the runes nescessary to reroll again and again?

GaArchAnGeL

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't choose either yet. As you have said your not sure how your going to get 125fcr. If you go with Wispike you wont need the extra resis, so the sacred targe is the better option(also has more block). But if you need the resis by all means reroll the royal shield.

comicalflop

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll be short 5% if I don't do any rerolling, and since I reach 10k with wizspike anyway (from my last nl pally) I might just go with that (the 2 hoto I have are 32/34 res). I guess a wizspike would prevent me from needing a high res ptorch (i have 15/20/10 anni)

75 res wizspike
30 res anya quest
20 res anni
10+ res ptorch
22 maras

that's +219 res by using the 27 res sacred targe, is that max res in hell?

comicalflop

Diabloii.Net Member
but the royal is probably overkill, see my above post

although it would probably make fire res be max

what is -res in hell? i need to know so I can calculate

comicalflop

Diabloii.Net Member
oh then I have plenty

so probably sacred targe

question is whether to use hoto or wizspike, since I'll be doing mfing with 125% getting past 10k isn't a problem, so the +3 skills is not nescessary, and I'll get to use 2 soj once i roll 35%.