which shield for es/block sorc?

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
which shield for es/block sorc?

Sanctuary Towershield or Whistan's guard eld?

this will be a es/block lighting sorc

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
It's a decision between resistances and more free stats (life/mana). More life and/or more mana sounds like a better bet since you're using ES.

BattleQueen

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say Whistan's best for blocking. Spirit monarchs? As good as blocking with cracked bucklers ... :rolleyes:

Low str req = more stat pts available to pump into vita/energy...

Josiphos

Diabloii.Net Member
If you can get the str, Stormshield is the king. I had a sorc that used CoH, rings, torch, anni +raw addeds str points to get to the 156 mark. You could also hel it I suppose.

If your ES is gonna be 95%, you wont need high resists...since they dont factor in on ES (poison res helpful though). Id say look at viscauterant (eld) for +skill good block. Whistans is ok, but basically super block and thats it...visc is better IMHO. In fact, with 95% es, dr becomes pretty useless too! So, visc seems like a great choice to me...

Dont max block with spirit...wayyy too much dex.

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
ok ok

So choices are....

Whistans eld
Visc shield eld
mosers eld/eld?
Gerke's Sanct?

alright that breaks down pretty fast.

Anybody think Sanctuary R/W in Tower works? just wondering

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
Visc needs to be upped for better blocking, also sur here is an (expensive) option

I guess sanc could work also. Maybe run some numbers with your other planned gear to compare: dex req's, str req's needed and other bunusses like resists, skills.