Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which set up for WWS?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Grobyc, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Which set up for WWS?

I'm planning ahead for my WWS Strafe for Pit runs and plan to have knockback with 9/3 (56%). So I have two set ups...

#1:
    Witchwild String socketed with Shael and Nef (20% IAS)
    Sigon Gauntlets (30% IAS)
    Sigon Boots
    Razortail
    Stealskull (10% IAS)

#2:
    Witchwild String socketed with Shael and Shael (40% IAS)
    Cleglaw gloves
    Razortail
    Stealskull socketed with 15% IAS jewel (25% IAS)

9/2 (86%) could also be reached with either one if I wear a Twitchthroe/Crow Caw socketed with 15% IAS (adds 30%-35% IAS). I'm not too worried about this at the moment since 9/3 seems sufficient.

I do know that although the Razortail is not the best idea, I feel it's pretty good because of the low damage of WWS and putting it to its potential is the best idea (being able to hit multiple enemies in a shot). And if I don't feel like I need it, I could switch over to Goldwrap for more MF (and also save me a socket on Twitch/Crow if I wanted 9/2).

The first one would allow me to knock back without having to socket my Stealskull but I would have to wear Sigon Boots (which I don't mind) for the IAS on gloves (also gives 10% life leech and MF).

The second setup would allow me to slow with Cleglaw IF it works in Hell and free up my boot space but at the expense of having to socket the Stealskull. So, my main question here is does slow work in Hell? If it doesn't, then the second setup seems mediocre compared to the first one. There also isn't any boots that come to mind that would be helpful aside from War Travelers and Waterwalk.

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I was thinking about the same build, becuase I have upped double shaeled WWS.

my setup will be something like this:
    WWS +shael+shael (40% IAS)
    crafted hit-power gloves with 20%IAS (knockback is preset)
    rest of gear - resistances and MF

As I think of it more - with Goldwrap and Stealskull with IAS jewel, I will be easily at 86% breakpoint.

3. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Seems like most of us overlooked Laying of Hands. Most monsters in the Pit are demons and Laying of Hands give 350% more damage against them, I'm actually thinking this is better than knockback.

4. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

I really have to recommend the 9/2 bp at 90 IAS (OK, 86, but tell me how you get just 86 without Fanatacism). It means you finish a 10 arrow strafe cycle 9 frames faster. This may not mean much if you are using a heavy hitter like WF, but I notice a considerable difference with the WWS.

As for other gear, LoH rock in heavy-demon areas. If you insist on KB, try either Crafted gloves with 20 IAS or maybe try Giant Skull: it adds alot of strength, up to two sockets, CB, and it is not quite as ugly as Andy's. War Travs are great boots as they add to your base damage which is then multiplied by dex and other bonuses.

Good luck,
    DudSpud

5. eelnala

eelnala IncGamers Member

Hi,

I'm relatively new, but why are you discussing Witchwild String as opposed to the more damaging weapons like Cliffkiller or Magewrath.

I won't mention Windforce or Eaglehorn, because they're so hard to find. But Witchwild seems to have low damage.

Can you explain plz?

Thanks

6. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Witchwild String has Deadly Strike according to level, so at higher levels, it's almost garunteed that you double your damage. But because Deadly Strike doesn't stack with Critical Strike (so you can't triple your damage), you could save yourself points from putting it on Critical Strike like you would with other bows. Because amazons usually need to spend points elsewhere - usually on Avoid, Dodge, Evade, Valkyrie, Penetrate, Pierce - they could really use every last bit.

Also, Witchwild String has a chance to cast Amplify Damage, that combined with Deadly Strike will quadruple your damage. It also gives +40 resistance to all which most amazons lack because they don't have a shield. On top of that, it comes with two sockets, usually with Shael + Shael to reach a faster breakpoint or Shael + Nef for a smaller increased speed but with knockback.

It also comes with a level 20 Magic Arrow, so whenever you run low on arrows, you could use that. Magic Arrow also have a hidden bonus to convert % (equal to its level) to magic damage, so in this case, it would convert 20% of your damage to magic. You might wonder why this is useful, well, it's mainly used against physical immunes that the amazon have problems dealing with (unless they are cold/fire amazons) in Hell.

I hope that explains it :).

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

No gloves can beat laying of hands for pit running. 3 of the 4 enemy types down there are demons and the gloves give 20% IAS like all other gloves.

8. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Not to mention WWS is the best bow to upgrade to elite. It almost doubles in damage when upgraded from a Short Siege Bow to a Diamond Bow (average damage goes from 58 to 99) while the strength req only goes to 89 which is quite low for an elite.
    Most people rate WWS as the second best unique bow. The rest rate it as the best. Personally I prefer WF.

Also the amp damage will break the PI attribute of all but some PI bosses.

Cliffkiller, Magewrath - they look good on the surface but they are really not good bows.

9. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

Witchwild is also excellent for other classes, especially when combined with highlords ammy, but that's for another thread.

10. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Actually, other classes are better off with Buriza. The reason why I say this is because other classes have no way to "abuse" the Amplify from shooting at multiple monsters fast.