Which runewords work in single player

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Which runewords work in single player

Since this seems to have come up quite a bit in the last few days, here is the current rune word list and where you can use them

The following Rune Words will work on single player or open characters

Rune Word

Ancient's Pledge
Black
Fury
Holy Thunder
Honor
King's Grace
Leaf
Lionheart
Lore
Malice
Melody
Memory
Nadir
Radiance
Rhyme
Silence
Smoke
Stealth
Steel
Strength
Venom
Wealth
White
Zephyr

1.10 Rune Words

Beast
Bramble
Breath of the Dying
Call To Arms
Chaos
Chains of Honor
Crescent Moon
Delirium
Doom
Enigma
Eternity
Exile
Famine
Gloom
Hand of Justice
Heart of the Oak
Kingslayer
Passion
Sanctuary
Stone

The following Rune Words will only work on the Battle.net Realms. They will not work for single or open characters

Realm Only Rune Words

Duress
Prudence
Splendor
Wind

EDIT: These 4 RWs works in SP, patch 1.11 and higher --Hrus

The following Rune Words will only work on the Battle.net Realms for Ladder Characters only. They will not work for single or open characters or non-ladder characters

Ladder Rune Words

Brand
Death
Destruction
Dragon
Dream
Edge
Faith
Fortitude
Grief
Harmony
Ice
Infinity
Insight
Last Wish
Lawbringer
Oath
Obedience
Phoenix
Pride
Rift
Spirit
Voice of Reason
Wrath

While "ladder only" usually means "Bnet ladder & SP" in this case it does not. The new rune words are NOT available in SP without a mod

EDIT: The new 7 runewords were added in 1.11 and all of them are available in SP:
Bone
Enlightment
Myth
Peace
Principle
Rain
Treachery

--Hrus

HBeachBabe said:
While "ladder only" usually means "Bnet ladder & SP" in this case it does not. The new rune words are NOT available in SP without a mod
Which is a good reason to possibly use that mod, now that the forums are "mod friendly"

Ulanji

Diabloii.Net Member
I think this information comes from The Arreat Summit, which is *usually* pretty reliable. However, The Arreat Summit also contends that Kiara's Guardian is Ladder Only. My SP Amazon would contest that assertion by pointing at her head. :lol: Has anyone tried to make one of these runewords in SP to verify?

adeadrat

Diabloii.Net Member
Ulanji said:
I think this information comes from The Arreat Summit, which is *usually* pretty reliable. However, The Arreat Summit also contends that Kiara's Guardian is Ladder Only. My SP Amazon would contest that assertion by pointing at her head. :lol: Has anyone tried to make one of these runewords in SP to verify?
ladder only uniques can drop in sp.

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
Ulanji said:
Making the runeword "Edge" in 1.10 SP gets this:

Edge?

Ought to be proof enough.

Ulanji

Diabloii.Net Member
frosty said:
Making the runeword "Edge" in 1.10 SP gets this:

Edge?

Ought to be proof enough.
That depends. Perhaps the intelligence was bad--fake photo? did the weapons inspectors have adequate time to verify this image? In any case, you're an evil tyrant who must be sacked because you even WANT such a weapon!

whoa! sorry--political sarcasm probably not welcome here. :lol: I've seen a few bruised shins around here, so I guess I'd better put on my shin guards. :p

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
Ulanji said:
That depends. Perhaps the intelligence was bad--fake photo? did the weapons inspectors have adequate time to verify this image? In any case, you're an evil tyrant who must be sacked because you even WANT such a weapon!

whoa! sorry--political sarcasm probably not welcome here. :lol: I've seen a few bruised shins around here, so I guess I'd better put on my shin guards. :p
Shin guards? Don't make me laugh.

*smashes Ulanji's shins and shin guards with his armor-piecing boots of butchery*

That ( writhing Ulanji) aside, I much prefer Spirit, Harmony and edge. Some day, some day.

Ulanji

Diabloii.Net Member
frosty said:
Shin guards? Don't make me laugh.

*smashes Ulanji's shins and shin guards with his armor-piecing boots of butchery*

That ( writhing Ulanji) aside, I much prefer Spirit, Harmony and edge. Some day, some day.
OW! OW! OW! OW!

*re-appears in town*
*ignores that wry smirk from Kashya*
*tries to remember what just happened*
*thinks "the last thing I remember was a herd of cows with ice-climbing boots playing soccer with one of my severed lower-limbs"*

Spirit? Ohhh yeah tell me about it. I was about to post a request for that oh-so-elusive 4-socket Crystal Sword to make one. I guess that's out! I've been hanging onto my Vex though, so it's down to either a Silence (ehhh boy, 6-socket Crystal Sword anywhere?) or Heart of the Oak.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Ulanji said:
you've been kicked already. Just b/c it wasn't an _offical_ intro thread we still wanted to make sure you felt welcome when you joined! Shoot, you even got cookies and stuff.

Ulanji

Diabloii.Net Member
water_moon said:
you've been kicked already. Just b/c it wasn't an _offical_ intro thread we still wanted to make sure you felt welcome when you joined! Shoot, you even got cookies and stuff.
mmmmmmmmmm coooookiiiiiieees

Yeah, I didn't do an official intro thread. I began tossing a few posts here and there, and mentioned in one of them that I was new to the forums. I got a few "hey there, welcome!"s -- no need for pomp & circumstance. Well, pomp anyway! I'm up to my shins in circumstances. :eek:

EDIT - By the way, thanks for the kind welcomes in that other thread! :)

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member
I DL'ed the RWM yesterday...I think I will toy around with it for a while; most of the words are silly (like the one that requires 3 Jah's), but Harmony is simply fantastic, especially considering the runes needed (Tir, Ith, Sol, and Ko).

My take on it is that Blizz will probably not create another patch that includes these words, and since I don't normally trade or MP, it won't hurt to use it.

Steve

killmesh

Diabloii.Net Member
Ulanji said:
OW! OW! OW! OW!

*re-appears in town*
*ignores that wry smirk from Kashya*
*tries to remember what just happened*
*thinks "the last thing I remember was a herd of cows with ice-climbing boots playing soccer with one of my severed lower-limbs"*

Spirit? Ohhh yeah tell me about it. I was about to post a request for that oh-so-elusive 4-socket Crystal Sword to make one. I guess that's out! I've been hanging onto my Vex though, so it's down to either a Silence (ehhh boy, 6-socket Crystal Sword anywhere?) or Heart of the Oak.
ive got a 6socke4t crystal sword if ya want it nuthun special but it is 6 socked and you could make a runeword in it
just pm me if you want it cause i prolly wnt check this

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Ulanji said:
there are mistakes at Arreat Summit but this isn't one of them. it has been made very clear that "ladder only" means "Bnet ladder & SP" thus the note in my list that that doesn't hold true this time.

and yes, the list is simply a condesention (with editing & formatting by me) from the AS so it really shouldn't be credited to me

Corpsie

Diabloii.Net Member
Without the mod they dont work.

and yes that link does jsut bring up a new window with this thread in it. :uhhuh: