Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which /players for an enjoyable, challenging yet doable HC Untwinked Single Pass of Hell diff?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Synesthesic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Synesthesic

Synesthesic IncGamers Member

Hey guys! I very much apologise if this question has been asked over the course of the past 16 years since the release of D2.

I am encroaching on the end of Nightmare with my HC Untwinked Single Pass Lightning Trap Assassin. She has played both Normal and Nightmare on /players 8 to ensure as challenging an experience as possible. That being said, I know that playing Hell on /players 8 with an Untwinked character will result in a less than fluid and consequently not very enjoyable experience so I was hoping to reach out to you guys for your opinions as to which /players setting you all would recommend I play so as to maintain the enjoyable and challenging experience I have had thus far.

I very much appreciate your assistance guys. I really want to maintain the integrity of the experience I have had thus far and obtain some form of guide regarding what the majority of players have their Hell playthrough set at.

If this issue has been discussed before, please feel free to simply provide the link to the thread as I love reading about Diablo 2 and would be more than happy to read previous threads to find my answer.

Thanks so much for any guidance you guys can provide!

Syn

2. Silver Moon

Silver Moon IncGamers Member

Hey there!

Well, I don't consider myself a good player by any means, but I found untwinked Hell to be hard enough so I left it on /players 1. My resistances were in the toilet and everything was dealing quite a bit of damage to me. Do you have any good source of damage other than lightning? Those lightning immune archers in Act 1 could be a pain on a high /players setting. I guess see what the others say, i'm sure most play on a higher setting than me, but here's my input:

Does your gear allow for good resist in Hell?
    Can you manage a group of lightning immunes if they are harder to kill with more HP?
    If yes, then try /players 3-5 and see if it's challanging enough and tune it up and down from there.

3. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

It probably depends on the thin line between challenging and grindy. I often find that upping the difficulty adds to the time to be able to kill monsters, more so than it adds to the difficulty as such. That's where it often starts to feel grindy for me.

Depending on what you find challenging, but still fun, you might be able to do it on /p3. But since it's untwinked, I wouldn't be surprised if /p1 is already more than challenging enough. Hell is a completely different story than normal and nightmare ...

Good luck !!

4. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 IncGamers Member

Most folks here during untwined tournaments single pass stick to /p1 in Hell, any higher HC and asking for deeds. Monster modifiers get crazy stacked and the quantity of boss packs running around even in Act 1, put you on high alert. Good luck!

5. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Usually /p3 if you are feeling comfortable. Otherwise /p1 is fine

Depends a lot on your build and your luck with drops thus far

6. twillight

twillight IncGamers Member

I usually start p8 anyway, lowering the diff continuously. Around The Countess' Tower I lower it to 7, then 5 in A2, 3 in A3, and 1 from A4 (because of the souls, and guest monsters inA5).

I can suggest if you feel after a mob "this was hard, this was close" lower the difficulty by one or two points.
    NOTE: do not judge from the first area's zombies, they are extremely tough with most builds when you arrive compared to the rest of the game.

7. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Sup Synethesic, players 1 is fine HC. Do you have FB as a backup skill? If so then LIs wont be a problem. CoS and MB will keep you safe. Your biggest problem will be with Hell Ancients. Let us know when you get there.