Which of the new items is the worst?

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
Which of the new items is the worst?

I'm not really sure which one of the new elite uniques is the worst. But Viperfork (mancatcher) is a really good candidate. I mean: The max damage is really bad. And the chance to cast poison explosion is of no use since it's very low level poison explosion. And the poison damage on Viperfork? Nah...

Another good candidate is Wolfhowl (fury visor). The first time I found I thought: Cool! I'm gonna see a whirling wolf or, even better, a frenzied wolf! I was really excited as I BO:d, turned into a wolf and tried to whirl through a crowd of nasty little fellows. And than I saw it: the whirlwind symbol is red - it can't be used! The only usable skills are the druid skills which come with the helm. And they're all of very low level. Utter crap!

Armor_Biff

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel Shade
Armet

defense: 300
durability: 24
required strength: 109
required level: 62
+100% enhanced defense
replenish life +10
+4% mana stolen per hit
+5 fire absorb

Thanatosia

Diabloii.Net Member
Steelshade has got to be the handsdown worst unique in the game, I agree. No situational uses, any random rare helmet of its clv is almost guaranteed to kick its butt. I dont know what blizard was smoking when they made it, but it was a total waste of effort even adding it to the game, I'd be shocked to hear that anyone had seriously used it, EVER. Waste of programing effort adding it to the game at all, it has no use or purpose whatsoever.

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually one time I used Steelshade to stack fire absorb and ... oh nvm. Yeah, Steelshade is teh suxxors !!

Reggitsan

Banned
I'm actually going with Ethereal Edge.

Who in their right mind would make an axe barb for this? ...

Who in their right mind would make an axe barb?

ayoko

Diabloii.Net Member
I found Medusa's Gaze yesterday...blows. For a TC 81 Unique, Heavy Emcumbrance, 220 Str Req and 44% blocking. At least the Armet is a lower TC. I am not very impressed with the Unique Matriarchial Bow either.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Reggitsan said:
Who in their right mind would make an axe barb?
I would build an axe barb. The godliest of all rune words fits best in an ethereal zerker.

And yes the unique armet is totally useless.

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Uriah_Heep said:
How about the unique Bone Visage.I can't think of anything more crappy.

actually for a throw barb this baby could be VERY nice. knockback crushing blow and str all help. plus those 2 sockets could be filled with ias jewels or um runes for resist or something

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
1: Steel Shade.
2: Tyrael's Might
3: Annihilus

And we shouldn't forget the reason why...:
1. 4 poor mods on an elite unique and that lvl req is high...
2. Crap mods for the lvl req and its incredible rarity.
3. Soon to be duped massively (if that hasn't happened already) and impossible to find in SP.

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:

3. Soon to be duped massively (if that hasn't happened already) and impossible to find in SP.
That doesn't make the item in itself bad. In my opinion Annihilus is one of the best new items.

I still think Wolfhowl and Viperfork are very crappy, but I have to agree Steelshade is really, really useless. Maybe Steelshade is the winner in this crap-contest.

Some of you have mentioned Ethereal edge with the argument "bad on barb". But on druid it's quite good. Ethereal edge can make a fury/feral rage-druid hit quite fast.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
1: Steel Shade.
2: Tyrael's Might

And we shouldn't forget the reason why...:
1. 4 poor mods on an elite unique and that lvl req is high...
2. Crap mods for the lvl req and its incredible rarity.
Hey, got any of the 3 "crappy" items there you'd like to get rid of, I'd gladly take em :)

Slayer193

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh yeah just about anything beats a Steel Shade like Tal Mask, Peasent Crown, Crown of Theives....I don't see why anyone would bother equiping it, "DURRR LOOK I GOT 6 FIRE ABSORB"

I think a lot of the new unique 1.10 items are usless though. There's like hardly any 1.10 items that are better than the 1.09. And who really cares about "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace?" That's got to be the crappiest hyped up mod I've ever seen.

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Slayer193 said:
And who really cares about "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace?" That's got to be the crappiest hyped up mod I've ever seen.
Ya but the way it rolls of your tongue just makes it sound awesome :).