Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

which merc would be better?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by skyfiredraco, Feb 14, 2004.

1. skyfiredraco

skyfiredraco IncGamers Member

which merc would be better?

hey guys. Just had a question on merc choice for my newest assassin. Before i give my options here is a rundown of the build i'm trying:

PvM, c/c

dragon claw: 20
    claw mastery: 20
    venom: 20
    BoS: 5
    claw block: 5
    one in all utilities (CoS, S.master, mindblast)
    one in death sentry

rest probably in CoT in case i meet a PI/psn immune in hell somewhere.

She is just now getting ready to leave norm (leveling to 42) and will be using dual tucs as her weapons until 79 when i hope to have full nats to go along with my highest tuc.

I want to use an act 2 nm merc but i have two choices:

1: holy freeze.

- this is the merc i have the most experience with and my personal fav. For most of my chars (melee and caster alike) the slow aura is a godsend and can stack with any cold damage i happen to be doing to make whatever i'm pounding on even slower.

2: might.

- this one didn't occur to me until recently. Now i know i'm not in hell mode yet and haven't seen what this build can truly do, but between my shadow master, cloak of shadows and mindblast, my crowd control is already pretty good. In that case would it be more useful to do a major crank on the damage me, my merc and even my master are doing by using might?

any input/suggestions are appriciated.

p.s. one question with a might merc. I use blade fury against Ob knights and let my merc tank. Since it is dependant on your weapon damage, would might increase the damage it does as well?

Thx for any advice.

2. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

if you used a might merc, with a doom runeword weapon you'd get both the might and holy freeze aura, just a thought..

3. skyfiredraco

love to have a doom... only problem is i probably wont have the runes to make it until sometime next century :uhhuh:

that puts the score at Might: 1 HF: 0 though :)

4. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

ya, but in that case, going with might is a great idea, because in the future if you do ever get a doom, you have the option of putting it on the merc to get the HF as well, where as if you go with the HF, I don't think that there is anything you could ever do to get him might.

5. skyfiredraco

true true.... i'll try the might then :)

thx for the advice. If it doesn't work out i can always buy a HF anyway but i'm curious to see what kind of damage boost i'll get when i use a might :)