Which Mechwarrior 2 'Mech is the best?

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
Which Mechwarrior 2 'Mech is the best?

Well, now that I've found out that people here used to play this classic game, which one did you use? I always like the Marauder, but online I always used the Timberwolf because its legs were so big.

Crispyknight

Diabloii.Net Member
I always used Timberwolves as well. Near perfect combination of speed, firepower and armor. When MechWarrior three came out I switched to a heavily modified Orion loaded with pulse lasers and a bigger engine. Glowing streams of death, it was.

VaN_haMMerSteIn

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you mean Lone Wolf?
I haven't played it yet, but in Mech Warrior one, for Xbox I was usualy a Timber Wolf as well, or the REALLY fast one with those charging cannons. It was godly. I could dish out huge damage and no one could hit me. I loved it! :clap:

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
i haven't played that game in such a long time but i remember that it was pretty nice. as far as i remember i was with the timberwolf also

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
I was in 3..then moved to on Vengenance and eventually Mercs. In 3 I used the Vulture..tho my clan used alot of Madcats and Striders...tho I remember a guy using the ShadowCat, but hes was sooo aggravating..attitude wise.
In 4 I continued my Vulture..tho it became crippled with its new weapons group..compared to the way I played them. I even remember my 1st game..everyone was like "OMG, the graphics are so much better!"
I even used to have screenshots..but lost them with my new pc purchase.
But as I grew in skill, and my old clan died..a new clan wanted me. Clan Hells Horses(CHH).
We were known thruout the community..and had excellent ratings in StarLeague, and BattleCommand. We purchased as many Nova's as possible, and beat the competition relentlessly. Tho we used many different combos with over 1/2 of the mechs avaliable..we just prefered Nova's. Tho the MKII was used on a decent basis.
We used to have a website called clanhellshores.com..but as of like 2 weeks ago, it no longer exist :( sad really, it had a flash movie and everything. But things die and others move on.
I miss this game badly..my wife doesnt tho..lol, she hated when we got on BattleCom waaay late into the night in league matches.

Also I remember a mech I built..using the Atlas frame..OMG, this guy rocked. I cant remember my build, but damn he was awesome!

evild2player

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow MechWarrior was awesome. I played 3 because I downloaded it.. oops. I never said anything. 2 was good but 3/4 seemed more detailed in a way.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Mecal said:
i liked the Nova, and the really really big mech, which one was that?
Well the Atlas and Daishi were 100 ton mechs. Mercs had I believe another 100 tonner..but we played Clan. not InnerSphere, and I believe the new one was IS.
The MK2 was a 90 tonner, also pretty much known as a "big mech".

Did he have a round head, kinda like skeleton looking front? If so, it was the Atlas. It was IS, but I always liked it in my early MW4 days...eventually became obsolete once I learn more from the Nova.

Raistlin Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
MechWarrior 3 was so much better that 4.

I loved the Timber Wolf, and the MK II version in 4, nothing scarier than a 90 ton mech hitting 78 KPH. I also loved the Warhawk, the ultimate Energy based Mech. It makes the Vulture (Clan name is Mad Dog) look like a Firemoth.

I used to play the old Paper RPG too. Might have the minatures around....

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
I went with either a Mongoose or a Cidaca for all the missions. Speed just pwned it that game.

Get to the objectives before the enemy mechs or your back up team, speed round with Medium Lasers on arms, a light laser on head and possbly an EPC (or was it EPG?)

Speed was everything, Sure the Atlas' and that mega beefy thing that looked like a Shark with legs were good, but they were sitting ducks. Only bad things was that in Timed missions you dont normally have enough firepower to do it in time :(

Arb

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Arbedark said:
I went with either a Mongoose or a Cidaca for all the missions. Speed just pwned it that game.

Get to the objectives before the enemy mechs or your back up team, speed round with Medium Lasers on arms, a light laser on head and possbly an EPC (or was it EPG?)

Speed was everything, Sure the Atlas' and that mega beefy thing that looked like a Shark with legs were good, but they were sitting ducks. Only bad things was that in Timed missions you dont normally have enough firepower to do it in time :(

Arb

Thats why the "heavy" mechs did better. Like the Madcat/Nova/Argus..even "medium" mechs did good...Bushwacker/ShadowCat/Chimera
Some of the "light" mechs weren't worth a damn to me..besides in CTF(capture the flag) games. Otherwise a Cougar was the one we always like to use.