Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which Jewel for Rare Mat Bow?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Sokar Rostau, May 15, 2005.

1. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

Which Jewel for Rare Mat Bow?

OK, so Baal just gave me a rare Matriarchal Bow and as I just yesterday started a Fire Witchyzon I thought I would put in a rare jewel and give it to her...so I looked in my Jewel mule and came up with two possibilities and here they all are:

Doom Branch
    Matriarchal Bow
    Level 48
    Damage 74-175
    +1 Bow and Crossbow Skills :)( )
    271% Enhanced Damage
    +1 Maximum Damage
    +228 Attack Rating
    24-42 Fire Damage
    1-3 Cold Damage
    1 Socket

Beast Heart
    Level 37
    +30% Enhanced Damage
    +9 Dexterity
    +14 Mana
    27% Poison Resist

Stone Whorl
    Level 49
    24% Enhanced Damage
    10-21 Fire Damage
    1-87 Lightning Damage

The thing is, as much as I would love a bow with 295-301% ed, I would rather put those jewels in a helm or armour but I don't want to waste the potential of this bow by just throwing in an IAS or some other single/dual mod jewel (of Thunder for example). These aren't the only rare ed jewels I have to choose from, just the ones I thought most suitable (and that didn't have 2-3 useless mods like +14 to stamina or 33% extra gold...). My zon will be wearing a Smoke Archon Plate (994def) and either a 70% Kira or a +2 Valk Wing (as fugly as it is), and looks like she'll need a Buriza on switch for FI's in Hell, so the only room for jewels is in the bow and helm.

So what are your thoughts? Should I add one of these jewels, some other jewel or just give it to a newb because it's only +1 Bow Skills (despite immediately spending a socket quest as soon as I found it lol)?

EDIT: Lol...did the forums screw up again did they? Once more my avatar looks like something from a modern art gallery...

2. sunami

sunami Banned

Well, the bow is nice but isnt as good as a faith or even wf as wf will potentially triple the damage of your rare.. I dont know to what extend ias matters to you, I think you need 75 ias for 8 fps and 142 ias for 7 fps so thats a consideration but if you want to use the bow I would socket it with your second choice as I believe that may add more over all damage.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

The bow is nice. But I think you'll be able to find better bows, especially ones with more than 1 + to skills. If you plan to use it for a while, I would place the first choice in it. The added fire and L damage will not do much for you. The + damage and the + dex may actually get you farther for a while in mid to late NM, or early hell.

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I would rather trade the jewels for a WF -.-

Dunno what realm but I would offer more than a WF for the first jewel but that's me.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I agree with Dacar92...You can find a better bow, and if you choose to use it the first jewel would be sweet, although something with IAS would be even nicer.

6. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input, I'm actually looking at possibly an upped Kuko with Buriza on switch now but until I get around to upping my Kuko I'll use this bow without any jewel. I may even use ebow or something, just have to wait and see. I might even give Hellrack a go.

As to the Faith and WF...I play Asia realm. Asia is not flooded with dupes. A Ber rune costs around 25 Ist and I simply do not have 50 Ist to throw around on a 'fun' character (as opposed to a 'serious' character that I would play a lot and spend a fortune on). A WF might do a lot of physical damage but the knockback makes my main attack, Immolation, useless.

I am now thinking that I'll put the Beast Heart in a Mav item for my Frostmaiden.

BTW is there anything I can do about the cast delay on Immolation? Should I stack up on FCR or IAS or am I stuck with it?

7. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Cast delay does not decrease from increasing FCR.