Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which items are better?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by btgcloud, Oct 3, 2006.

1. btgcloud

btgcloud IncGamers Member

Which items are better?

For zeal pally i wanna know which is best for pvm and pvp.
    Grief, Botdz, or Last Wish. Got all 3 dont know which is best.

2. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

For a zealer I vote for Grief PB

3. marcello

marcello Banned

Grief PB, period.

4. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

I don't know how it is on other realms but for east ladder zeal vs. zeal duels grief and last wish are considered bm, most of the zealers you see will be useing ethereal death cleaver, death, botd some of the other less common weapons you may see people useing are eth heavens lite, eth runemaster, eth razors edge, eth rare with %ed and fools and a few others. My personal favorites are eth dc and death although from what I have heard death is considered bm on east nl. I'm a huge fan of a high %ds on a zealer. Agian I don't know how it is on other realms.

5. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Jeee why do people consider normal items provided by the game as BM??
    We could as well state that it is BM to use a weapon at all....
    Well never mind....this is OT

6. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

I like last wish casue of life tap. This will make a good zealer imortal. Unless of course u get hit with IM, casue if that happens.....well lets just say that was the last nail in your coffin.

7. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Items in the game are NOT balanced or made with PvP in mind...Blizzard has said this from the beginning. All items, skills etc are adjusted/made for only Pvm period.

Grief dmg is a bug in the game based on improper dmg calculations, so I believe that it will be adjusted soon..especially since they have rec tons of emails about people complaining about the dmg. You can take a look on the bnet website for the reaction from Blizz. They said they would look in to it and make any adjustments if they feel its not balanced.

For Pvm, theres not much better than eth Stormlash. If you want lifetap, then grab exile and or dracs. For Pvp, currently Grief..but I would lean toward eth Death Cleaver as it's not bugged.

Now for what is considered BM etc, me being oldschool, would simply put it this way:

A char can only use skills available to his or her class..no tele paly, zealing sorc etc. So unless you are a necro, lifetap is out.

This well never happen of course so Duelers will all have different opinions on whats Bm.

8. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

The choice is between Griev and Last Wish.

Grief does way more damage.

Last Wish has the CTC spell, Life Tap and Fade, etc.

You can get life-tap and resists from other equip so I prefer grief.

9. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

I have never heard of this. What is the bug ? Grief adds 350-400 points of damage to each hit. That is the way +damage is suppose to work.

10. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

on the char screen, it wont show how much total dmg u are doing. u will have to manually calc it.

11. pera

pera IncGamers Member

Ok That is a bug, but Grief does not do more damage than it is supposed to. There is no bug. It is first time I hear that too :shocked:. Maybe it is inbalanced, but there is no bug that gives more damage to Grief.

12. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

So when they fix the screen to show the real huge damage grief will be junk ?

13. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

The damage on Grief is supposed to additive, not multiplicative. For example, if after all Str, Dex, Skill, Aura bonuses, you do 1k with Grief, the random 350-400 is supposed to added after all calculations, so 1350-1400 dmg.

However, the game calculates dmg Before all modifiers, thus we have crazy dmg results. Also, items that had the +dmg modifier in previous patches ie) Astreon's, never displayed these characteristics until 1.11.., so it's not just Grief thats bugged.

If Grief was working correctly, then all skills would benefit from the added dmg, but we know Venge, Berserk etc, does not work with Grief.

The real question is, are they going to do something about it? They are aware of it but if they do disable it, they may have thousands of emails from kids complaing that their uber/leet33 item sucks now.