Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which is the stronger build: Telsa vs. Froster

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TheKbob, Mar 29, 2004.

1. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Which is the stronger build: Telsa vs. Froster

I'm at a dilemma here in deciding what to build my Paladin. Here is the gear I have:

+3 Heavens Light // 1 sock Shaeled
    223% Sup Phase Crescent Moon
    Gill. Face Helm
    Duriels Shell
    Herald of Zak.
    Dracul's Grasp
    String of Ears
    Gore Riders
    Cat's Eye
    Ravenfrost

Rare Ring:
    5/5 Duel Leech
    +107 Ar
    +37 Life
    Cold Res 5%

I cannot decide whether to go either Froster or Tesladin. Any regards / help?

~Kbob

2. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

Tesladin seems to go with Crescent Moon better... But I like Froster more if you mainly play in Cow Lvl. If Act 5 then Tesladin.

3. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Depends on whether u favor aggressive or defensive style more, Holy Freeze does significantly less damage, but the freezing ability is very useful as a defensive tool to have around.

4. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

I've tried both. And tesla rocks. Sure frost is more defensive but it does alot less damage so monsters will have time to kill you slowly but as for the tesladin, armed with crescent moon, monsters hardly have a chance to hit you =). If you use draculs, then the lack of Holy Freeze doesn't matter either as you will be leeching more than enough to ever die =)

Tesladin is by far the most fun I've had playing diablo!

5. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Kbob: I've seen you post a bunch before, but dont remember if you play softcore or hardcore. If you're going hardcore, Frost might be better since you have a better chance to survive... plus, since you have +5 skills on your gear as it is your Holy Freeze will be doing pretty significant damage.

But dont just take my word for it...
    ba da, DA!

6. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

Kit...you may be a little bit biased. After all, you DID write the Frost Zealot guide ;)

I have a telsadin and he has about the same equip as you (some better some worse) and I find he does very well. Having enemies slowed does help, but he tanks pretty well...I don't even need to use a HF merc, i use defiance. I play hardcore, and I've never really had any close calls, especially with some nice DR% and resist cold/fire/light boosting my resists nicely.

7. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

It is still a struggle.. shoulda made poll.

I have read both Kits and Wyrmer's (sp?) guides to the respcecible Froster and Tesladin.

I do not know which way I shall go.

I dunno which way I'll go. Tesla is looking prob better, though, right now.

~Kbob

8. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

Ok, so me and my very close RL friend decided to each build a paladin to play together. I built a freezealot, he built a tesladin. What I can tell you is that, so far, even though I love my freezealot to pieces (by far my favorite character I've ever played), his tesladin is slightly (read: slightly) better. Because HF adds a more median range to your attack and holy shocks adds the extremes (my damage is something like 1800-3000 at level 68, his is like 900-5000 at level 69 I think) they average out to close to the same amount. He also has one less fpa because of a shaeled weapon, but he seems to kill baal minions in a little less time than me.

Once again, the difference in our characters is miniscule, but I'll just suggest you go with whichever build you feel more comfortable with. If you enjoy a more defensive play style, then go with freezealot, if you enjoy offensive, go with tesladin.

9. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Eh, why not do both builds? I'm pretty sure each is unique enough to give a very different playing experience. Just transfer the equipment over when you're done with one of them to the other one

10. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

Or you can make Wurmer's TeslaFroster proposed in his Tesladin Guide. A mixture of both.

11. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Thats actually not a bad idea. Obviously, you wouldnt be running at 100% on both builds, but damn near close. You'd need to be near level 90 to complete it though.

Hmmm, I may be a liiiittle biased towards Frost... but my secret admission is that I made a Tesladin recently and it was awesome and fun as hell! =)
    I had to make one since I could make a Crescent Moon... if I could make a Doom, well, goodness! Thats one reason a Tesladin gets a fair damage edge.

12. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

It's easily settled, make a Teslafroster and use both holyfreeze and holy shock. :lol:

Best setup if u can, is crescent moon when using holy shock and doom war spike when use holy freeze. there is not many monsters in the game that sports immunites to both cold and lightning. I tried that setup and it works great. You can also use ur crescent when using holyfreeze it's not as efficient but very doable nevertheless.

13. wsimian

wsimian IncGamers Member

Wow, I really did repeat (in the Frost section) what you all have already said here.

The mix is easy enough to build being that both rely on salvation as a synergy. A weapons switch and an aura toggle and you can have the best of both worlds in PvM.