Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which is the better boat?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Steve_Kow, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Which is the better boat?

Every year my father and uncles charter a fishing boat where the Sound meets the Atlantic and go out for a day of fishing. Whenever I go with them, the diesel fumes make me sick, but the Captain really knows his stuff. Without fail we always catch our limit of bass.

For the past two years a few guys from work and I have chartered a different boat that operates in the same waters. The Captain uses a gasoline engine which doesn't make me ill, but we never catch any fish. (check out my pic on Durf's website to see my best catch--a barely legal porgie...)

On the one hand, it isn't about the fish--what we pay to charter the boat could buy more fish than we can legally take in, on the other hand part of the fun of fishing is reeling in fish. Which is the better boat? Catching fish, but feeling sick, or feeling great but bored.

2. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

here's a better question, What do you call a fish with no eyes?
    .a "Fshhh"

3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Personally I would take feeling sick and catching fish.

My family goes down to Florida every once in a while and we always go fishing. When I was 5 or 6 I caught a 3 foot black tip shark(my dad held onto me so I wouldn't get pulled over, but I did the reeling) Then two years ago I caught a Tarpon(sp?) that weighed 150lb, took me my dad and my uncle to get it in the boat. Loads of fun . . . plus a workout.

Catching the fish is what its all about, if you aren't catching anything you should be on a party boat.

4. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

Easy solution, while the good captain isn't watching replace his diesel engine with a gasoline engine. Problem solved.

5. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I dont know where you fish or anything..but you say bass fishing and thats what I do also. We just rent a jon boat for like 5 bucks, and use our trolling motor as the engine. 40 lbs thrust moves a 15 foot long boat quite fast. So forget these big boats, go smaller and get in-between the trees.
    Think next year I'm gonna buy a boat..was thinking maybe a War Eagle 16/48...and maybe a 15hp..or a 25hp, depends on how good they want to deal. Of course a 9hp would be good enough..hmm

But its hard to have fun fishing if you know your gonna get sick everytime. But I go like 3-4 times a month...if it was only like 2-3 time a year..then nvmind.

6. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

dude, it's a Fsh :lol:

7. skihard

skihard Banned

It sounds like the guy is out catching sea bass not large mouth as it sounds like you are catching. i may be wrong but one is on open water and one is on inland lake so big difference in boat requirements.

my thought catching over sitting, my wife doesn't care cuz she is all about the sun.

8. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

Well you could always watch fishing on tv. I mean that has to be just as good, right?

9. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Gone fission.

If the point is to catch fish, then you go with getting a little sick each time you go out on the water. If the point, as you say, isn't to catch fish, then by all means keep your health and go with the gasoline engine (of course, I'm a bit biased...all my fishing is off the pier).