Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which is the better anti-caster?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Phyrexial, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Which is the better anti-caster?

I've read over the C/C WW and Mageslayer kicker guides and I've dueled quite a few myself but I'd still like your opinion on which you feel is better against the current top mage classes in PvP. Those being Hammerdins, Wind Druids, Necros, and to a lesser extent most sorcs. Take into account this is for public dueling, so as with most of my queries anything goes.

From what I can tell:

Against Necros (Bone specifically):
    - WW does nicely as its uninterruptible and lets you keep on the move while doing your damage so you can get in and out.
    - Kickers I've been able to deal with more easily since they are static right in front of me. Normally I can out tank them and Spear them to death.

Against Hammerdins:
    - WW I'd think would be dangerous if you WW too far since you'll end up in the hammer field right after WWing.
    - Kickers can stay safe from the hammers if they position themselves correctly.

Against Wind Druids:
    - Not quite sure, but I'd imagine WW is better since it has an area of effect as opposed to the kicker which has a pretty high chance of hitting the Druid's minions instead of the intended target. Also, same deal with the kicker staying still as against the necro. I don't think any class wants to stand still in front of a Wind Druid.

Against most sorcs:
    - I've seen both builds rip apart most sorcs, but as with the Druid and the Necro standing still to attack seems like it would be dangerous. Especially against fballers.

2. MaskOfSeasons

MaskOfSeasons IncGamers Member

Great ! Even without having tested it, that were my conclusions on PvP sins which is why I decided to make an hybrid WW/Kicker Build :) Best of both worlds.

MaskOfSeasons

3. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

for ww, dont forget short ww'ing, that used to be called dod on west back in the GI days. basically you short whirl around the character in a triangle formation for maximized hits and minimized retaliation esp against melee. as far as kickers go, i'm still trying to figure things out. But i usually try to stun them with wof+traps and dtalon them. although dtaloning them usually works better than stunning them alone. WW builds ive seen maxed wof synergies so they are much deadlier in terms of traps. i havent seen you on at all phyrexal. ur acct is *DM_Phyre right? mine is *Physical_Mage we gotta duel each other sometime, as I compete in pub duels too :lol:

4. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

if you guys are east sc nonladder, duel my whirlwind assasin.
    I tear apart anything in pubbies.

5. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

east sc ladder, doh >_<

6. boshekinthunder

boshekinthunder IncGamers Member

My experience against druids says that kicking is very good. Since they have bad natural fhr, the 7/2/2/2/2/2 kicking speed along with MB causes pretty good stun lock, and WoF only helps. Against sorcs that I have dueled, dflight seems the best attack, though when I followed up with talon it finished the job quite nicely. Im not really sure on necros or hammerdins since I havent dueled any good ones.

But, I havent done too much dueling with my kicksin yet cuz Im waiting on finding a 3 sock Runic talon for chaos. The people I have dueled certainly werent top duelers (even for pubby), but the couple of druids I killed seemed to be killing everyone else in the game.

Also, Im considering making a hybrid ww/kicksin which is entirely feasible, so you might want to look into that. The only thing about hybrid is that one of your skills will have to suffer a little (unless you lvl to 99). For me Im debating between 30/30 or 40/20 in claw mast (ww)/flight.

7. Phyrexial

D1ce, I've added you to my /f list. My account is indeed *Dm_Phyre on SC USeast Ladder. I'm usually on during the evening, around 8-11 pm EST.

8. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

altright, ill look u up tommorow if i cant get to ya tonite

9. Phyrexial

Good duels D1ce. I think I'm going to make a WW sin though.