which is better; ww, conc or frenzy

themdamnducks

Diabloii.Net Member
which is better; ww, conc or frenzy

Ok, here is my dilemma. I've been playing D2LOD for quite awhile and have accumulated a bunch of nice stuff through my playing. Although through all these years i have just recently found this forum and all the great information that there is in it. Now that i have all this wondrous information on different builds, i'm stuck on which one to go with.

I already have a lvl 86 ww barb and love him, but i've never played a frenzy or conc barb. Are one of these other two builds better or more dominant then the others or should i just stick to my ww barb and not worry about making a new build?

levitikus

Diabloii.Net Member
Frenzy seems to be a favorite with Pvm. You can do alot with magic find and a quick kill very fun and ultimately the most effective IMO. but other things could be more fun such as double throw or leap attack barbs if you get sick of the same old stuff. Frenzy barbs are very good at clearing ubers and seems to be the easiest barb way to do so.

Tankmobile

Diabloii.Net Member
frenzy is better for PvM as it has damage, attack speed-everything u want. it's not that viable in PvP though, it tends to be whirlwind that does better there. I have a whirlwinder, frenzier and conc. barb (yes i love barbs :) and for PvM, frenzy is my favourite. im still gunna argue for using it against ubers instead of double swing as the improved damage is pretty important and your attack speed improves per hit (some can argue for switching back to double swing after this happens, but i can never b arsed) For a frenzy barb, jus read ashes guide for the skill layout and as usual lowest strength and dex possible :)

dmngd

Diabloii.Net Member
The only real advantage frenzy has over double swing is fr/w... double swing itself is 20% faster than frenzy therefore damage over time is the same per skill point used.

themdamnducks

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, from what i've read i think i will go with a double swing as my next barb. I'll max out double swing and bash. Of course BO will be maxed. As with the rest of the points should i max out a mastery or work on the other warcries?

Tankmobile

Diabloii.Net Member
theres a damn good reason you see lots of frenziers and no doubleswingin barbs, its cause they just arent as good, full stop :) the increased damage from frenzy is worth more than double swings 20% extra ias. the increased ias per hit from frenzy is better than double swings ias, unlkess u switch back to double swing after @juicin [email protected] on freenzy...which, tbh jus aint worth it.

themdamnducks

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for that thread. I have only glanced over it but it seems to have some very nice info about the whold ds vs frenzy. I'll have to read more on it when i actually get off of work so i'm not getting paid to plan my next build! :)

themdamnducks

Diabloii.Net Member
but with less synergies then doesn't that help build out the rest of your barb. It leaves points to definetly max BO and a mastery of your choice and you still have points left over for other warcries and to put a little extra in Iron Skin and NR right? If you go with a Frenzy then you have to put everything in Frenzy and it's synergies to get the most out of it and after you max BO that doesn't leave you with much for anything else.

Or am I just off base with this assumption?

Viktri

Diabloii.Net Member
well
Frenzy + 2 8% synergies is 60 points + 1 (double throw)
BO = 20 + a few
NR and Ironskin = 1 each (for me)
Weapon mastery = 20

for me, a full frenzy build will take up all my skill points but the fact that I've got 80+ points synergizing w/ Frenzy means I'll be doing more damage than if I use DS because DS has 1 synergy (bash, really not worth investing) and 1 advantage (increases ASPD but it caps at 5 fps).

I haven't calculated anything though, but from the thread it seems 60 points used to benefit DS and only 60 points vs 60 points for frenzy would make them almost equal in terms of dmg (you run faster w/ Frenzy which is fun) but that's the limit of DS in terms of damage whereas Frenzy has more potential.