Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which is better? Is there an anwser or not...

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by fleeflicker, Sep 28, 2006.

1. fleeflicker

fleeflicker IncGamers Member

Which is better? Is there an anwser or not...

Ive been trying to figure out which weapon is better for a BvC barbarian. Grief of Botd zerker. I was in a public game the other day and i heard 2 people saying that there botd was better then grief...

If you choose to use grief.. should u use phase blade or zerk axe? I know that the zerk botd will have 60% ias...can u get grief to cut that many times?
    Or on average how many hits does your barb really need to take down opponents in pvp? What if your grief was a perfect 40%ias +400 dmg (zerk or phase???) Would u take the perfect grief over a perfect botd?

Im thinking that grief will be best because of the hidden dmg. Now whether or not to put it in a phase blade or zerker. I'll be needing to use Runeword Beast for sure...so ill need to be able to make it in a sword if i choose to use phase blade grief. Also the zerk axe is heard to do something with the number 0 making it -60 when u botd it or something....is a CB botd sword faster..better..slower than a zerk axe? Or is Grief Phase blade better? Any help with this nonsense will be great cuz i dont know

2. TheBassman

TheBassman IncGamers Member

Worst Grief Zerk > Best EBotD Zerk

As long as the grief has 34%IAS or more.

~LesC

3. AlmostInfinity

AlmostInfinity IncGamers Member

The damage for Grief is much greater in terms of damage than the botd (you can search these forums for damage comparisons).

Make the Grief in a zerker because Phase blades have a range of 2 while zerkers are range 3. Plus, zerkers do more damage.

For ww, you would need -34 ias on weapon to hit the last breakpoint for a 1 handed weapon so your Grief would at least +34ias. Since -34 ias is the last ww breakpoint for 1h, a 34 ias Grief and a Botd would hit the same.

The 0 you heard is the base weapon speed of a zerker axe. Botd gives the weapon 60 ias so it makes the weapon speed of -60.

CB has a base speed of 5 and the zerker is 0 so the zerker is faster and does a little better damage. (Swords look cooler though)

Note - Beast can only be made in axes, sceptors, or hammers; NOT swords

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Grief kills EBotdZ in every aspect. The only good thing about EBotdZ is the stats, and only a BvA or a BvB needs those (as they help in STR and Dex, but you can only lower the requirements from 63/57 to 46/57, which is a gain of 203 life. 203 life for huge damage?)

Now, to show it in numbers. Here:
    As you can see, there's a difference of 1118.23062 average damage. That's on-weapon however. After PvP penalty that is 190.099205. Also note that there are no max damage charms involved.

Oh, note 1 thing: these damages are without Beast due to the fact that I took this from my own weapon comparison (which I put together to finally crush down LW and Death (LW<Death<Beast<Doom<EBotdZ<GriefZ btw).

Here is with Beast btw:
    Now the difference is already 1576.49787. Still with no +max involved.

As far as I know, those calculations are pretty flawless. I took into account the loss of both str and ed from Beast, and I did add the +30 str to EBotdZ's use (which btw I shouldn't have, as logically you would like to have less str with EBotdZ. But the amount of ED is only 17%, so it won't change much).

5. fleeflicker

fleeflicker IncGamers Member

thx guys for the help...and olba for the chart