Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which is better- Frozen or Shiver?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by XLeper_MessiahX, Feb 1, 2004.

1. XLeper_MessiahX

XLeper_MessiahX IncGamers Member

Which is better- Frozen or Shiver?

Hey everybody. I've been playing a Sorc for some time now, and am working on my 2nd one since the ladder came out (better skill synergy understanding now :xsmile4: ).

I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is on these skills. Do you prefer Frozen Armor or Shiver Armor? Why?

Thanks for your help.

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

i dunno which one it is, but the armour spell that is on the snowclash belt (on my blizz sorc) does the trick nicely - plus i haven't had to spend any skill points to get a ~slvl 12 armour spell.
    Tho if your sorc is not blizzard then there are almost certainly better belts out there, so u'll probably have to spend some skill points, in which case, try the first spell, and save a point incase it isn't to your likeing, then invest it in the second spell, and see how that goes :D

Or shop/trade about for a crappy orb with +1 to an armour spell, and try them out before you spend skill point/s.

3. XLeper_MessiahX

XLeper_MessiahX IncGamers Member

I have previously made several Sorcs, and I have tried out both. I'm just wondering what people think- i.e., does one seem to freeze longer, were you saved by using one rather than the other? I'm using the Occy, and I've had various luck with both of them, but I'm trying to enhance my knowledge/opinion based on what other people think.

4. Shanksie1337

if thats the case, i wouldn't worry it too much tbh. Obviously the plan here is not to be hit at all, but sometimes it's not always easy, especially when tp'ing about durance 2 etc. Either way i can't see how it matter much which u use, especially as your Ocy will 'possibly' tp u out of danger. Infact i have to say that the ocy tp is the best shield 90% of the time (i seem to be blessed with a kind ocy that tp's me to safety most of the time). And any magical shield u have is just there to make things that bit easier.
    Still i hope u get some better answers than mine :D

5. redsand.

redsand. IncGamers Member

Frozen armor freezes enemies. It does no damage. It gives a decent defense bonus.

Shiver armor chills enemies. It does a small amount of damage. It gives a larger defense bonus.

I prefer shiver armor on cold sorcs and cold armor on fire/lit sorcs. Too many prereqs unless you're a cold sorc and already have icebolt/iceblast already.

Frozen armor is VERY nice for teleporting. The damage dealt by shiver armor is negligible to monsters in hell, even maxed and synergized. The difference is the defense bonus.

6. XG_Darkside

XG_Darkside IncGamers Member

What's wrong with chilling armor? Does it just provide defense against ranged or does it defend against melee as well?

7. Shanksie1337

tbh i think all of them are a waste of skill points as most sorc builds are tight on skill points as it is. Use whichever u can get from equip/switch and let +skills take it to a decent (~11) level.

8. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Humm....you do realize that the chill is really like .1 seconds in hell after all the cutting down. So it probably will only save you when teleporting really fast. But the main point for using them is the +defense. Which will come in very handy with high defense sorcs. (using eth Skulders and stuff).

9. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

frozen...

I like to use frozen armor for the split second the monster is frozen, because that will help me to recover from his hit and teleport away.

10. Hatoil

Hatoil IncGamers Member

Even if shiver armor damage is very low, it does make some monsters run away.

11. grogthecaveman

grogthecaveman IncGamers Member

the defense the different armors give you is negligible. As a sorc, you aren;t goingto have much defense anyway, so the %boost won't be worthwhile. get either the one that freezes melee attackers or the one that shoots a bolt at ranged attackers. either of these will make it easier to escape a bad situation. The effect is what you're going for, not the damage or the defense. Unless you have a specific build in mind.