Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which is better for doom?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by liquidicem, Jan 29, 2004.

1. liquidicem

liquidicem IncGamers Member

Which is better for doom?

Ok, quick question for all you guys who are good with these sort of things. Which of these weapons would be better to make a doom rune word for an atc2 merc, the 5 socket great poleaxe that I found or an ethereal cryptic axe? By better I mean which will have highest damage, reach, speed...etc. Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

The great poleaxe will have the potential to be faster and will have the greater range. The ethereal cryptic axe will have much higher damage, and that's about it.

It's up to you, personally I believe the cryptic axe is going to be better because range is not the most important thing with jabbing act 2 mercs, and the damage will be noticably higher. Also the ias difference at the highest breakpoints will be too large for either weapon's base speed to make a huge difference.

3. liquidicem

liquidicem IncGamers Member

Alright, thanks for the input.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Range is equal on mercs. A short sword and a great sword should also have the same range on an act 5 merc for example.

Go for the first you can get, they're both going to be great. I'd kill for those runes. Oh wait, I already do :p

5. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

I have doom in a eth cryptic for one of my mercs. One weird thing about doom is that sometimes after your merc is revived holy freeze wont activate till you open your merc window and click the pole off then on. The other thing is that if you are going to put doom in a wep for merc use only wait for a ethreal wep the extra damage is huge.

6. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

Yeah, I noticed the same thing with "Hand of Justice".