Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

which first? beast or pride?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Deaths Jaws, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Deaths Jaws

Deaths Jaws IncGamers Member

which first? beast or pride?

ok ive got a summonancer that uses skellies to kill (along with CE of course) and am wanting to make both a pride polearm for my merc and a beast zerker/weapon for my necro's switch for he aura.

now im wondering which one i should make first? it will take me a little while to make eithe rso ill be stuck with one fo these for a little while before i get the other so wat one will give me the most benifits? the level 17 conc aura or the level 9 fanat with the IAS and damage increase (much smaller than conc but the IAS makes up for it i believe)

please help me with this...also what weapon sound the beast be used in? im not going to trade the weapon anyways and never actually use it to attack except for when i kill baal and use its crushing blow stat and not the damamge...so im thinking a zerker axe for the speed but any other thoughts? the pride is going to be a cryptic axe.

thanks in advance guys

Jaws...

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Wouldn't a war spike be faster AND have less requirements? If you really don't care about damage/tradeability, then a Military Pick would suffice and you wouldn't have to worry about getting 130+ str. Also, unless you're planning on pumping dex and grabbing a demonlimb, you probably won't have enough ar to hit baal all that frequently anyway, so this might be a moot point.

3. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

The stats on the official Arreat Summit website are wrong (level 18 Concentration aura). The level of the Concentration aura actually varies from 16 to 20. I can tell you for sure, since I was lucky enough to roll a 20 Concentration Pride. In a perfect 15% ED 3 AR Ethereal Colossus Voulge :thumbsup: !

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I suppose you can use Demon Limb in your inventory to boost your AR significantly. Not a big deal as you can use it on switch if you like or you can put it into your inventory for Baal running.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I'm looking for a good Caduceus for my beast (Yeah! I got the runes on SP!!) because of reasonable damage, reasonable reqs and a durability of 70 which makes the cube a good repair tool.