Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which ED jewels are bugged ?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Raistlinorb, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Raistlinorb

Raistlinorb IncGamers Member

Hello i just want to be 100% certain about this thing about +Enhanced damage% jewels of a certain kind not working, i read that it was +Enhanced damage%, +X to min dmg and +Y to max damage

I have a jewel with +Enhanced damage 40% and + 10 Min damage (best jewel i ever found) and i wish to put it in my arreats helmet, i just want to be sure it aint bugged, ty

2. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

It's only bugged if the base armor/weapon has +min/max dmg on itself iirc. Someone will come and acknowledge.

3. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

ED% + min/max work properly only in weapons iirc. If you put it in armor the ED% is only added to the max or min damage. Someone will have to confirm that as I'm not completely sure.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Do not put in arreats; that jewel will bug for any non-weapon. A plain 40% jewel or one with +9 str would be far better.

Bug works (or rather, bugs) like this:
    +max damage socketed before or at the same time as %enhanced damage will bug the %damage to only affect minimum damage. Other way around for +min damage, then the %damage only affects max damage. If both +min and +max is already present (like a 2os shield socketed with add dmg 1-2 jewel, then with 40%ed jewel, the last jewel has no effect. However, socket them in the opposite order, and it works as expected.

Bottom line is not to socket ED/max or ED/min jewels into non-weapons.

SunsetVista likes this.