Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which dual Tree sorc for chaos?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by slugslug, May 4, 2008.

1. slugslug

slugslug IncGamers Member

Which dual Tree sorc for chaos?

I do not have the luxury to enjoy the benefits of an infinity, so I can't really go a single tree element without sacrificing versatility. I have Full tals set on a meteorb but It seems to not really kick the way i would like it when i chaos run by myself. im not sure if the other dual tree builds would be as effective, cause i've heard meteorb to be the most efficient (or maybe just preferred playstyle)

So what dual tree build have you guys found to be most effective concerning chaos running?

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Which dual Tree sorc for chaos?

I actually liked my FrostNova/Firewall sorc a lot for CS, though it's an item/skill dependent build, so it's not that great for MF runs... But the FN would chill/freeze everything except the OK's - and you could just drop a Firewall or three under the OK's from range. Things died fast, and it was quite safe.

Overall though, I'd think a CL/FO sorc would be good. Or a Nova/FO sorc. Great crowd control / area of effect, and reasonable power too. Nova tends to be a little item/skill dependent too.

One other idea that I've tried (and liked) for CS runs was using an Act3 Cold mercenary instead of the usual Act2 one. He won't kill anything, but his Glacial Spike will freeze the large packs of Abyss Knights solid, giving you time and space to telebomb the OK's. Still, you need to be able to kill everything on your own - the merc will never help (enough) in the killing department, but his crowd-freezing skills are great (if you don't want to do it yourself).

And if you do want to freeze the crowd yourself, I'd think a Blizzballer / Blizzwaller could work great (Blizzard / Glacial Spike primary, Fire backup).

3. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

I would recommend Blizzard/Fireball for Chaos, bacause there are way more Fire immunes than cold ones. Generally I'm a fan of Meteorb, and I think it's overall best all around dual tree and the easiest to build with cheapest equipment. Though for Chaos and Throne Blizzball is surely better. Full Tals with work great with it. With mine last ladder I went with no points in Meteor, max Fball and FBolt, 1 FM and the rest in the cold tree. I prefer that way, a stronger primary attack and a reliable backup skill.

4. Vizian

Vizian IncGamers Member

I'm going to disagree on this one, there are really no lightning immunes in chaos, so lightning and cold?

LightningOrb Sorc, try one lol

5. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

There are the Specters (or whatever those things that like to fly around and hang out over the middle of an empty spot so when you kill them their drop is gone).

However, those are probably the least dangerous monsters in the CS (and have the lowest life), so a strong lightning-based primary attack is indeed a good fit.

6. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

I find that a meteorb suffice, as long as you are spamming static a lot, but a blizzballer or a CL/FO might do better. (Haven't tried the former, the latter works quite well in those area, but I somewhat hated it because fireball + orb does much better vs Meph and Andy)

7. Krovvy

Krovvy IncGamers Member

Blizzballer is my favorite, they just have more fun! :wink3:

8. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Finger Mages are immune to Lightning, Oblivion Knights have 60% Ligth Resistance and Pit Lords have 75%. With Cold as primary you only have Oblivion Knights, which are fairly easily dispatched by Fireball. Everything else is affected by Cold mastery and will be piece of cake to Blizzard. Unless you have good stuff (Griffons, Facets or the almighty Infinnity) Blizzball is still my prime choice.