Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which D2 NPCs Will Be Back?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Thirty-Thirty, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

Which D2 NPCs Will Be Back?

I've been away from Diablo II for a while, and I'm well excited about D3. (I ploughed through all the media as soon as I returned from my weekend away.) Everyone is busy speculating about how the grand story will unfold, given what little we have to go on. In that department, I'm pretty sure the most important feature will be how Blizzard choose to employ the destruction of the Worldstone. Just about any theory I've seen so far can be justified therewith.

My question to instigate some thought is which NPCs from Diablo II we might see playing a part. I have no doubt many will reappear when we revisit Lut Gholein and Kurast (notably Jehryn and Hratli, or at least some progeny), but who might be used as a device in the story?

To be honest, I always found Ormus very suspicious, and wouldn't be surprised if he finds a place in the plot. Anya will probably also feature, since she had a bit of attitude and heroism.

2. Cheeseflys

Cheeseflys IncGamers Member

Re: Which D2 NPCs Will Be Back?

Adria will be there! My beloved Adria! "I sense a soul in search of answers!" :D

If that's her right name. ^_____^

3. Meimu

Meimu IncGamers Member

Yeah, I agree we could be seeing Adria return. Same with Ormus, he was a shady character too. Another lesser known NPC in kurast was Natalya, I think it'd be cool if she was in D3 again, especially if there was no assassin class you could play.

On that note, wouldn't it be awesome to have appearances from more characters who had sets named after them in D2?

Arcanna
    Cathan
    Civerb
    Hsaru
    Iratha
    Isenhart (lol !!)
    Milabrega
    Tancred
    Vidala
    Bul-Kathos (!!)
    Hwanin
    M'avina (!!)
    Natalya (!!)
    Naj
    Sander
    Sazabi
    Trang-Oul (!!)

4. Swiffer

Swiffer IncGamers Member

I would be fairly certain that most people who have sets named after them are long dead figures in the Diablo universe. I doubt we are going to see Tancred show up and smack us around for ninjaing his gear ;)

5. yalthar

yalthar IncGamers Member

I'm thinking there is a good chance that we will get to know Natalya a little better - although perhaps not as well as we would like to *eg*

6. devildriver

devildriver IncGamers Member

I believe trang-oul was not human but some saught of dragon.

7. VandalDuck

VandalDuck IncGamers Member

How about Jerhyn? He was the leader of Lut Gholein. I could see him playing a role in the new game. I also liked Anya and Malah in Harrogath, but I don't see Harrogath on the Diablo III World Map.

8. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure Jerhyn will feature, largely because I foresee a return to Lut Gholein. I'm not sure if it'll involve a return to the Canyon of the Magi or the Arcane Sanctuary, but we'll be back there for some reason. By the same token, I expect to see Hratli in or around Kurast. I'm interested to see what Blizzard come up with for Kurast: though the jungle was a real pain, I enjoyed playing through the old city itself.

9. SweWings

SweWings IncGamers Member

Why not someone like Gheed? Not really a major character but he travels around and could pop up somewhere unexpected. I'd love to see Drognan though. Can't really explain why but he just seems so fun and mysterious...

10. nobes

nobes IncGamers Member

Keep in mind that this is 20 years later at a time in history when the average life was only 30 years old. Most of the people (besides children) alive during d2 would be dead by the time d3 starts.

11. Cheeseflys

Cheeseflys IncGamers Member

I still think Adria is the most likely to come back, her body was never found in Tristram in D2.

12. lazenby

lazenby IncGamers Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Gheed corrupted a la poor Griswold. I'm still abit ticked over him having a boil on his buttock named after me!