Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which claw for chaos, and what skill mods?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Throttle, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Which claw for chaos, and what skill mods?

Hi. I'd like to know which claw would be the best for chaos, and what skill mods to look for? Also, how does IAS and dual wield word with WW?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

These are the frame breakpoints for whirlwind assasins....taken from the assasin FAQ right here in this forum....lazy :rolleyes:

Frames | Modified WSM

12 | 33 and higher
    ------------------------
    10 | 32 to 25
    ------------------------
    8 | 24 to 10
    ------------------------
    6 | 9 to -12
    ------------------------
    4 | -13 and lower

You have to make sure that both your claws are fast, the game checks separately for each claw and sees how fast it attacks.

Since Chaos spawns with 35% IAS the claws that are capable of making Chaos will always reach the last breakpoint (War Fist is the only one that can't). Therefore you should of course choose the most damageing one...which is a tossup between Scissors Suwayyah/Suwayyah. 3 socketed claws with good mods are difficult to find so I'd take the first one with decent mods that came my way...Venom, Claw Master, Weapon Block...anything that gives + to the skills you're using.

Hope this helps

3. Vindictive

Vindictive IncGamers Member

Alot of people are making their Chaos in Runic Talons so they can hit the trap casting breakpoint while using fade.

Skill wise look for weapon block, mindblast, dragon flight, wake of fire and light sentry.

And try get a superior claw obviously :rolleyes:

4. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

I read on a different forum that you should never make chaos in a superior claw... something with repair cost or durability or something. Is this true?

5. Vindictive

Vindictive IncGamers Member

Just use ort runes :thumbsup:

6. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Superior runewords require a load of gold to repair each time. Though if your duelng, I don't think gold would matter much. Or just use Ort + Cube + Weapon to repair it.

7. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

I recommend Runic talons/Feral claws for fastest trap laying speed.

If you are prebuffing, I think the most important mod would be +3 mindblast, followed by +DFlight. If you aren't prebuffing, +3 venom is most important.

8. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Perhaps it's just me , but why would MB be more importent on a Chaos then Dflight for pre-buffing? You want 1 point into shadow mastery anyway. It has it's uses. That means MB has no preqs anymore. Dflight on the other hand has 3 preqs.

I do know MB is an importent skill , and it's a nice addition if you can get it as +skill on your Chaos / 2nd claw , but skillpointwise , DF is better.

9. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

Hehe I agree with Lunatic I maxed Shadow Master :rolleyes:

But I love those occasional 1-hit shadow master kills on non-CtA using casters.

10. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

First of all I think MB is the single most important ww assassin skill by far and I would never consider not maxing it. The reason I prefer MB on a claw rather than DFlight is because all DFlight lets me do for my build is put 4 more points into Shadow master. I would rather have my MB 3 levels higher than my Shadow Master 4 levels higher.

eA - you misunderstood me, maybe it was a little confusing though. If you use +3 shadow (or +3 shadow +venom) claws to prebuff then venom is not an important mod on claws anymore. Therefore MB is the most important mod if you are planning on prebuffing before a duel. If you do not prebuff (many ww sins on USEast consider prebuff claws BM) then venom would be the most important mod.

11. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

Does that mean that my +2 MB 3os claw is actually worth something?

12. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

On USEast they are worth very little, everyone wants +3 venom claws. However, it's still a good claw even though it's not worth too much, especially if it's a Feral Claw or Runic Talon.

13. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

I do understand that MB is very importent , don't get me wrong on that. :D But if your MB is high already , the extra 0.6 seconds don't make a world of difference IMHO. Your shadow skillers are boosting MB already aswell.

About the prebuff claws being BM , that's something I don't get. They find it fine to drink mana potions , but they're against prebuffing venom with your weapon switch? If CTA on switch is ok , then why is using prebuff claws BM?

14. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

I don't care about the extra swirly length, it's the extra damage I like. MBs do a lot of my damage in many duels, vs hammerdins sometimes 100%

Basically elite duelers on USEast want as much separation between the mediocre duelers high end game as possible. By not allowing prebuffing with shadow claws it gives a ww assassin more high end gear to find (+3 venom Feral claws/Runic talons) and helps separate the assassin with godly gear from those with decent gear. At least that's the way I look at it.

I honestly don't understand how people can find mana pots BM, but then again we have 70/15s so mana is never a problem anyway, as long as you don't mind switching out some 32020s for a couple 70/15s

15. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

df + sm + mb or maybe some claw mast, thought cos a preq of mb is good too have vs summons so maybe df + sm + cm.