Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which class do you suggest?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Tsuba, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Tsuba

Tsuba IncGamers Member

Which class do you suggest?

Hi all,

I am getting back into playing D2 with a couple of friends. One is going to be a barbarian (Item hog) and the other is a necro. What do you suggest I be? I would like to be usefull but at the same time, be able to play solo when they are not arround or I want time away from the item hog (so I get something)

I was using an assassin (level 10) but I am unsure if that is the right class for me (nontrap) I do not do PvP.

I am thinking some form of Paladin or maybe a Sorc?

Thanks,
    Tsuba

2. Tyrrel

Tyrrel IncGamers Member

Paladin and sorc are both viable options. If you want to go solo, I think Paladin might be the way to go. I've soloed through Act 4 in hell with both, and the Paladin was much less labor-intensive.

If the Necro is a summoner, I would consider making the sorc. You'll do a lot of damage and will usually be out of harms way.

It mostly depends on how you like to play.

3. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

personally i've played a wide variety of characters. Until I started over in .10 I had never played a pally but I am mad that I never did before. I play a schaefzealot and he owns about anything. Except for those nasty IM casting knights....bastards.

4. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Yea man. definatly play a pally. Ive been playin palidins since the day d2 came out and they are still my favorite chars. I would suggest that u make a hammerdin first though, if you dont many great items. The only reason i say that is because the hammerdin can get buy just fine with items you find along the way. A avenger, zealot, crusader, or basically anyother type of pally is going to be much more item dependant since the patch came out. Besides the hammerdin is very fun and is a good mf char, which is something u will need if u are just getting back into the game.

If you have anymore questions about the pally, just go to the paladin forum here on d2.net. You will find it to be full of helpful people and I think the best forum around. Also, if u need a guide for any type of paladin that u want to make, the guide thread at the top of the pally forum has 4 or 5 very complete and helpful guides for someone that is just starting pallys.
    Good Luck!

Anti

5. Tsuba

Tsuba IncGamers Member

Hrm. The HammerDin is a Paladin who uses all magic right?
    How are they hand to hand?

My class choicesare pretty much Amazon, Assassin, Druid, Paladin and Sorc.

I know I could make many different types, but I do not have enough time to invest into this one game. :)

6. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

Make a javazon, fun to play with and cheap to equip.

7. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Yes the Hammerdin is a Pally that uses Blessed Hammer and all its synergies. It does magic dmg, so it is not resisted my any monster in the game except one of those big yetti looking guys that lives in the Ruined Temple in act 3. It is just about the strongest Char in 1.10 if not the strongest.

If a Melee char is more your style then i would suggest a Zealot. A Zealot is a Pally that uses zeal and fanaticism. It is also a very stong build for a Pally but much more item dependant than the Hammerdin. He is also not as good at mfing since he needs much of his equipment to survive, and cannot substitute very much of his equipment for mf with out sacrificing servivability and killing speed.

Hope this was helpful? Good luck!

Anti

8. Tsuba

Tsuba IncGamers Member

Oh. hrm. Maybe I will make a Sorc as a mf class (and someone I can use on my own) and make a Paladin for my group when I play. As I had said, somewhere anyways, my friend likes to hog all the items that drops, so I do not usually get any when hes around (hes a barbarian) Unless I run off on my own.

So..... maybe I will make an Meteorb Sorc for mf and a Paladin to use when in the group.

Sounds like I can make a HammerDin and sit back while he Tanks. (and the Necro does his thing)

9. Duelskull2

Duelskull2 IncGamers Member

Id suggest picking the char you like the most. You tend to play more when you enjoy the char.. A sorc is a great pick imo. They can deal good dmg, and also have tele, which helps A LOT. Sure you can use enigma, but many cant afford that, like myself :D