Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which character to complement my lightning sorc?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dijkstra, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Dijkstra

Dijkstra IncGamers Member

I play Diablo 2, mostly I play alone and always I play 'no cheat', i.e. only stuff I pickup myself. So I do not have any godly items.
    Until the end of nightmare everything went fine, but now I am kind of stuck.

Sometimes I am lucky enough to have my GF play with me. She'll play whatever character I want her to play. Mostly she is playing my lightning sorc.

I have a level 71 lightning sorc. She can do nigtmare easily, but she can't even do act 1 in hell.
    I have a level 50 barbarian (frenzy barb). He'll soon be ready to take the elders and baal, I think.

I am thinking:
    1) Will this be enough to go through hell? Or should I use other combo? I.e. Lightning sorc and skellymancer?
    2) Will I be able to play most of the times alone and still do progress in Hell with either (or hopefully both) or these caracters, when they reach a certain point??? I really need to be able to entertain myself, and not be depending on her playing. On the other hand, I would like to be able to play with her and would like some synergy. I.e. the skeleton's lower resist looks like what the sorc needs to really shine).

2. Dijkstra

Dijkstra IncGamers Member

For the time beeing, I am entertaining myself with:
    1) Cow runs (NM). I gives me stuff. Sometimes useful, but not really that often.
    2) Diablo runs (NM). I gives me stuff and xp.
    3) Ball runs (NM). I gives me stuff and xp.

I have been doing cows a lot, but it doesn't give that much XP anymore. Diablo seems fun, but Baal gives more XP.

I really would like to be able to go futher, - i.e. countess runs (hell), get trough the quests in hell etc and eventually Cows, diablo and baal in Hell.

When my GF have time we do diablo runs together. Then my barbarian get's XP, so he'll be able to get thorugh act V soon - I hope.

3. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Without really nice NM gear, I would lvl up to 70 with both chars before venturing into Hell.

Any 2 chars, with different dmg-types. (Lightning/Physical) Will work.
    Physical dmg dealers would be very item dependant, at least when it comes to weapons. So you might want to consider getting the Barb, not only xp, but also some nice weapons from NM Meph or NM Baal.

Peace