Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which character should i start with?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Cubanito, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Cubanito

Cubanito IncGamers Member

Which character should i start with?

Hello everyone.

I just started playing Diablo 2 LOD 1.10 again since a year ago. I have lost all of my account items, and dont have too many friends that have good equipment to lend me.

That being said, I do have some experience playing Diablo, but I would just like to ask anyone what is the best character to start out with. I want a character that I can have fun with, but that i wont spend all my time just doing MF runs. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ehein

Ehein IncGamers Member

Id recommend hammerdin, lightening trapper, or summoner necro look around for guides. All require little gear and are pretty much cookie cutters but are fun to play. Id personally stay away from melee as you usually need a good weapon which are now quite rare and expensive.

3. Cubanito

Thx for your suggestion. I read the guides and I think the lightning trapper sounds most intriguing so far.

4. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

Just a few weeks I restarted D2X. about 70 registered acounts that I once had (most were HCL accounts) were ALL expired!!! I had to play HCL from scratch. after a while, i switched to SCL about a week or two ago.

I started with absolutely nothing in SC. Here is what I have done in SC since then:

- 1st char: Javazon, untwinked.
    - 2nd char: trapper, untwinked, helped by a few ppl in Hell.
    - 3rd/4th char: Blizz sorc/Hammerdin (i played them in turn)
    - 5th/6th char: necro/Meterorb sorc (i played them at the same time).

I started to trade after I started to play Meterorb sorc. I traded stuff for this sorc, and she's lvl 85 right now, in full Tal's set, using SS etc. I'll trade more to replace her Tal's set, and turn her into a fast rusher (not just a MF'er atm). I need a very fast rusher to rush lvl 1 chars for NM/Hell hellforge drops.

as you can see, i have established a solid starting point on East SCL (and HCL too, though I stopped playing HC). I have got enough to trade for any elite set for any new char.

here is what i'm planning:

- 7th char: bowazon (strafe, custom gear)
    - 8th char: barb (IK set).

5. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

I also started the ladder with a Javazon with zero eq. Created the cheap Rhyme shield, shopped for 20/+3 gloves, gambled a few rare rings/amus, the rest were more or less rare items or crappy uniques/sets that I got along the way.

Then I mostly did Hell 1pl Cows to collect on some stuff. Got lucky and found a few skillers, IK armor, Mara's 26, and some other useful things. Basically enough to equip my second char, the WF bowzon. Bowzon proved quite good, and continued Pit/Flayer runs provided me with enough currency to make a Faith bowzon with some good gear. So that's where I am now :p.

6. Cubanito

Thx so much. I was actually looking forward to playing as a zon, but i dont know which one to make. If you could send me the link to the guide yo used, it would be most helpful.